DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7.85" ChrystalSky Mount for Mavic Remote?

And from china and HK you can post an Elephant for free (arriving declared as a $10 spare part)!!!

Does shipping really cost that much from the US or is it the sellers?

Flying High could do it much cheaper, it's such a light item, they could just send it in an envelope

Does the Royal Mail have a solution like Australia Post, this is actually quite economical to do it this way, I've bought heaps of things that don't ship to Australia or are too expensive to ship via the retailer.

ShopMate

Under this Shopmate method the Flyinghigh plate will cost me 80 aud delivered while directly from them it's 230 aud.

It's still too expensive as you say for a piece of plastic and you still need the P4P mount to put on it.

So the DJI official mount for the Mavic and Spark controllers is the cheapest and most efficient mount for the CS

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. The daft thing is that their are some shops in the US that offer USPS or similar services with low cost reasonable prices. Typically none of these retailers that are selling the parts that I want are.

If I was in the US, I'd seriously think about making my products affordable to the rest of the world. Incompetent business planning and no vision!

Flying High could do it much cheaper, it's such a light item, they could just send it in an envelope

Does the Royal Mail have a solution like Australia Post, this is actually quite economical to do it this way, I've bought heaps of things that don't ship to Australia or are too expensive to ship via the retailer.

ShopMate

Under this Shopmate method the Flyinghigh plate will cost me 80 aud delivered while directly from them it's 230 aud.

It's still too expensive as you say for a piece of plastic and you still need the P4P mount to put on it.

So the DJI official mount for the Mavic and Spark controllers is the cheapest and most efficient mount for the CS
It's not a piece of plastic. It's carbon based.

Which it never does. The CS OS is built specifically for DJI Go.

Don't be surprised it can happen, DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 has locked up on my CS Ultra once, where I had to reboot the CS several times and had to fly back using the controller flight information and RTH while the reboot was happening.

I suspect the panel overheated and made the touch screen unresponsive

The DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 makes the CS run very hot when other versions didn't and the heat will cause OS software problems

Don't be surprised it can happen, DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 has locked up on my CS Ultra once, where I had to reboot the CS several times and had to fly back using the controller flight information and RTH while the reboot was happening.

I suspect the panel overheated and made the touch screen unresponsive

The DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 makes the CS run very hot when other versions didn't and the heat will cause OS software problems
I've noticed that, but the fan should keep it cool. With that, there should be a FW update for you to install.

I've noticed that, but the fan should keep it cool. With that, there should be a FW update for you to install.

The over heating and the fan issues only started with the latest CS firmware that introduced us to the cursed DJI Go 4, 4.1,18

If my unit arrives with 4.1.15 on it, would it be advisable to hold off updating until a version later than 4.1.18 is available?
Not that overheating is an issue when it's 5 below outside, of course.

If my unit arrives with 4.1.15 on it, would it be advisable to hold off updating until a version later than 4.1.18 is available?
Not that overheating is an issue when it's 5 below outside, of course.

Yes , I would stick to 4.1.15, v 4.1.18 does not work with OTG on the Spark if you intend using the CS with that.

The update of the DJI Go 4 is linked to the CS firmware upgrade so you won't be able to do that, I guess that is the only issue staying on 4.1.15

I use the MavMount with my 7.85 - well balanced and unobstructed use of the RC controls. The LED on the RC is obscured but who needs that when all of the telemetry is displayed on the CS.

I use the MavMount with my 7.85 - well balanced and unobstructed use of the RC controls. The LED on the RC is obscured but who needs that when all of the telemetry is displayed on the CS.
Normally nobody...except when the CS either quits (a rare occurrence but apparently some have reported it happening), becomes disconnected, or otherwise fails. It does look like it'd be easy enough to simply pull towards the user and fly with the RC alone in those circumstances.

I have a 3rd party mount for my 7" Crystal Sky and Mavic. Where can I obtain the connecting cable as the short ones I have won't work. And does this cable connect to where my iPhone connected or to the USB port in front of the controller. Thanks

I have a 3rd party mount for my 7" Crystal Sky and Mavic. Where can I obtain the connecting cable as the short ones I have won't work. And does this cable connect to where my iPhone connected or to the USB port in front of the controller. Thanks

There are basically two ports on the CS that you can use to connect to the Mavic RC , the micro usb on the side and the usb c on the bottom.

There is no need to purchase any specific brand of cable just get a 25cm micro usb to usb cable or a usb c to usb cable that has data transfer capability. You should be able to get these at the local shopping center or online at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/AOKER-12inch...6794&sr=1-19&keywords=usb+c+to+usb+cable+30cm

Normally you have to use the full size usb port on the bottom of the CS to connect to using these cables

Last edited:
Will this mount fit the other birds(in the phone holder) as Well as the osmo..
It will for sure fit in the Spark Remote.
It probably would fit in the P4P and I2 remotes but it was not designed for that, the clamping force on those remotes might not hold it in tight enough. I would not personally recommend it for the other remotes.

It is very solid on the Mavic and Spark controllers.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661