DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7.85" ChrystalSky Mount for Mavic Remote?

GTMonster

Reactions
I'm looking for a good quality, well balanced and quick to setup Mavic remote mount for a Crystalsky 7.85" monitor. The cheap one that I currently use feels a flimsy, the monitor drops and it's a pain to setup so I am looking to replace it ASAP! I have found loads of advise with regards to the 5.5" mounts on the net, but am struggling to find much on a good mount for the more weighty 7.85".

Price is not an issue. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

I'm using the DJI CS mount on my Mavic & Spark

I like the simplicity of the genuine DJI CS mount, however I've been advised against using it with a 7.85" Crystalsky. I'm told that flying for extended periods becomes uncomfortable due the large monitor size impeding a comfortable hand grip. I really want something comfortable to hold while flying 5 or 6 batteries in quick succession.

Reactions: Advexure
I like the simplicity of the genuine DJI CS mount, however I've been advised against using it with a 7.85" Crystalsky. I'm told that flying for extended periods becomes uncomfortable due the large monitor size impeding a comfortable hand grip. I really want something comfortable to hold while flying 5 or 6 batteries in quick succession.
I guess that I'm use to it especially coming from an iPad mini, though the CS is heavier and thicker.

I can help you with that. Get a Carbon Fiber printed mount plate for the RC to hold, and then get a DJI mounting bracket to mount onto the plate. Problem solved. :D
fullsizeoutput_7ec.jpeg

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I think that the genuine mount is the way to go. Just need a plate to mount it to.

Thanks for all the advise. More is welcome.

I'm looking for a good quality, well balanced and quick to setup Mavic remote mount for a Crystalsky 7.85" monitor. The cheap one that I currently use feels a flimsy, the monitor drops and it's a pain to setup so I am looking to replace it ASAP! I have found loads of advise with regards to the 5.5" mounts on the net, but am struggling to find much on a good mount for the more weighty 7.85".

Price is not an issue. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

J
This is the Mavmount

2ec06dcd42e5841acbd5be25c2065e4c.jpg

Very well built and solid. But this version has no quick way to remove the screen from the mount unlike mixing the DJI mount with a base plate.

Reactions: BCF and Ping^Spike
I just flew my MPP with the mount, no problem at all. Incredible with the viewing screen on top of the RC. However with a 7.85 UB monitor, you need a lanyard to hold the weight. I used to have a DJI mount......I find it to bulky with the monitor underneath the RC, ok with a 5.5 monitor but not a 7.85. I guess everyone has their own preference. Happy flying

I got my mount for Thor Drone World. The mount Lifthor CSII is specifically made for Crystal Sky monitors. With this mount at least the RC are not obstructed with the monitor still on top.....only $80. Btw I don't work for Thor Drone World. Thought of just sharing what I think is good for our members
It wouldn’t really matter if it’s obstrocuted or not. You have much more telemetry being displayed on the unit anyway.

So far I most like the idea of using the genuine CS controller mount on a plate that fits in the Mavic controller grips. I am happy to modify an existing mount as required.

Now I just need to find an aluminium or carbon fibre plate that is light, can be modded and doesn't cost the earth. I know I said money is not an issue, but if I can help it, I really don't want to pay $80 for a quality Mavmount or similar from the US or outside of the EU. Being in the UK I'd then have to pay $29 shipping and additional $40-50ish of customs, import, administration and delivery charges. All this only to cannibalise it for the base plate. FlyHighUSA cheapest postage is $139.69 for a lightweight $29.50 mount plate... really!!!! Not to mention import charges! I'm expecting hand delivery on the back of a unicorn for that price!). I'm sure there must be a cheaper option.

I agree, with Cyberpower... I don't often need the info on the control screen for the most part, so I'm not bothered if it is covered. The only time that I have needed to see it in the past is when I've suffered a tablet crash and I want to know what's going on while blind. At which time I tip the controls so that I can see the screen.

My other quads and hexes I fly with a Spektrum DX18 held on a controller tray. The screen is mounted behind/above the controls on a bracket and the tray has multipoint balanced arms on each side for the a neck/back strap so the controls don't need to be held in place or upright. Without the neck/back strap, the control and screen weigh a fair bit and is top heavy so after 2-3 or so hours of almost continuous flight, my wrists become quite uncomfortable. So for having the screen over the controllers C0G or closer to the body is pretty important for me.

Last edited:
So far I most like the idea of using the genuine CS controller mount on a plate that fits in the Mavic controller grips. I am happy to modify an existing mount as required.

Now I just need to find an aluminium or carbon fibre plate that is light, can be modded and doesn't cost the earth. I know I said money is not an issue, but if I can help it, I really don't want to pay $80 for a quality Mavmount or similar from the US or outside of the EU. Being in the UK I'd then have to pay $29 shipping and additional $40-50ish of customs, import, administration and delivery charges. All this only to cannibalise it for the base plate. FlyHighUSA cheapest postage is $139.69 for a lightweight $29.50 mount plate... really!!!! Not to mention import charges! I'm expecting hand delivery on the back of a unicorn for that price!). I'm sure there must be a cheaper option.

I agree, with Cyberpower... I don't often need the info on the control screen for the most part, so I'm not bothered if it is covered. The only time that I have needed to see it in the past is when I've suffered a tablet crash and I want to know what's going on while blind. At which time I tip the controls so that I can see the screen.

My other quads and hexes I fly with a Spektrum DX18 held on a controller tray. The screen is mounted behind/above the controls on a bracket and the tray has multipoint balanced arms on each side for the a neck/back strap so the controls don't need to be held in place or upright. Without the neck/back strap, the control and screen weigh a fair bit and is top heavy so after 2-3 or so hours of almost continuous flight, my wrists become quite uncomfortable. So for having the screen over the controllers C0G or closer to the body is pretty important for me.
No kidding with shipping costs. I never get why USA->EU shipping is through the nose but the other way around it's dirt cheap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661