DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7 Months Mavic 2 Pro Review

Awesome video great advice and good points.

Now a bit of feedback if I may =) .

Pull back a bit from your face. Your eyes are very blue but the closeness of the shot is very distracting at least to me IMO.

Great video over all!!

Reactions: BVasily
Is it possible to write a summary of those 10 and 5 reasons here instead of a video?

No video views then to make YouTube earnings. But I agree, give me the printed version.

Is it possible to write a summary of those 10 and 5 reasons here instead of a video?

Ask and you shall receive. As a favor to those with less discretionary time than me I have summarized the bullet points from the video.

I am not affiliated with, nor know, this dude in any shape or form and take no responsibility for accuracy but I think I got it pretty close.

10 Reasons to buy the Mavic 2 Pro

1. Flight Time
2. Occusync 2.0
3. Remote Battery
4. The Camera
5. 360 Sensors
6. Low Noise Propellers
7. Form Factor
8. Active Track 2.0 and APAS 2.0
9. Extra Improvements
10. New and Improved Flight Modes

5 Reasons not to buy

1. H.265 Codec - needs high perf PC
2. Filter Mounting System and Lens Cover
3. Video Quality - below expectations
4. Lens Distortion - in RAW
5. Gimbal Presets - only 1

Let me give you 10 reasons to BUY the Mavic 2 Pro, and 5 why not to in this 2019 Mavic 2 Pro Review.
A lot has happened since the release 7 months ago.

Is DJI Mavic 2 Pro the best consumer drone released to the market yet? let me know what you think

Well done. Thank you for your time on this. I think ill upgrade to the pro 2 after watching this. I have read about distortion but you laid it out on what to avoid or reduce it. Distorted photos was my main drawback on the upgrade. There have been a number of flyaways that have various reasons but so did the mavic pro when it first came out. Again, thank you

I think people exaggerate on the computing requirements for playing H265 video. Yeah if your running a ten year old Intel integrated graphics chip with Windows XP? Yeah you got problems. My budget gaming ryzen 5 1600 system plays and encodes video like a boss. Thank you AMD for giving us lots of cores and a decent price.

Reactions: RogerMav
Yeah, an h. 265 codec with 10bit color is a #1 reason TO buy this model... It is an industry standard for "raw" video footage, same as dng for photos.

Also, there is no distorted photos from m2p. So, not sure what that is about. Dlog.m video can be distorted as bird runs no correction, and it is good it does not. If one does not need deep 10bit color - switch to h264 abd bird will correct video footage automatically.
Anyone who shoots commercially will then run a postprocessing that will fix any issues.

Reactions: RogerMav
The
Yeah, an h. 265 codec with 10bit color is a #1 reason TO buy this model... It is an industry standard for "raw" video footage, same as dng for photos.

Also, there is no distorted photos from m2p. So, not sure what that is about. Dlog.m video can be distorted as bird runs no correction, and it is good it does not. If one does not need deep 10bit color - switch to h264 abd bird will correct video footage automatically.
Anyone who shoots commercially will then run a postprocessing that will fix any issues.
The distortion correction for photos is included in the RAW. It shows up in Adobe raw. You could probably even turn it off if you wanted.

Awesome video great advice and good points.

Now a bit of feedback if I may =) .

Pull back a bit from your face. Your eyes are very blue but the closeness of the shot is very distracting at least to me IMO.

Great video over all!!

Thanks and your point of distance to the camera is noted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929