DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

70mm pano selfie

Filmarik

Reactions
A simple 70mm 3 image stitch pano "selfie". Natively these panos are almost 1m across at 300dpi with 12MP setting. Landscapes (not like this samplešŸ„“) look pretty darn good when printed and framed, sharp with plenty of fine detail. Have not tried it yet but I reckon they could be easily printed to 2m wide and still hold their own. Pretty amazing from a consumer drone, if you ask mešŸ˜€
1000011244.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty amazing from a consumer drone, if you ask mešŸ˜€

Amen. I'm absolutely amazed every time I fly a drone at the technology and capabilities built into them. And I delight in the fact that it's affordable for ordinary folks like me. You don't have to have a military or government level budget to own them.

I was grinning about this earlier today when I was trying to get some good footage of Mississippi Kites flying over a hayfield in central Georgia. The video was ho-hum, but the experience of flying with those birds was wonderful.

With respect to panoramas that include the pilot, one trick is to know when the drone is pointed your way and look up from the controller. And hats are good for concealing thinning hair on top of the head.

Amen. I'm absolutely amazed every time I fly a drone at the technology and capabilities built into them. And I delight in the fact that it's affordable for ordinary folks like me. You don't have to have a military or government level budget to own them.

I was grinning about this earlier today when I was trying to get some good footage of Mississippi Kites flying over a hayfield in central Georgia. The video was ho-hum, but the experience of flying with those birds was wonderful.

With respect to panoramas that include the pilot, one trick is to know when the drone is pointed your way and look up from the controller. And hats are good for concealing thinning hair on top of the head.
I took one with my head up. It dd not make the pano look any betteršŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Great shot!

Reactions: sarahb
A simple 70mm 3 image stitch pano "selfie". Natively these panos are almost 1m across at 300dpi with 12MP setting. Landscapes (not like this samplešŸ„“) look pretty darn good when printed and framed, sharp with plenty of fine detail. Have not tried it yet but I reckon they could be easily printed to 2m wide and still hold their own. Pretty amazing from a consumer drone, if you ask mešŸ˜€
View attachment 176821
Hard to judge size of scene without your body in it. Nicely done

Great shot!
Thanks.
More than anything I just wanted to reinvigorate this slowly dying M3P forumšŸ˜€šŸ˜€ This drone has still plenty of life in it and stitched panos with 70mm is one amazing feature this drone possesses..
As for this shot it was just a practice run. In scenes with uniform textures such as this, one needs to be extra careful when yawing the drone to allow enough overlap for LR to be able to create the stitched pano, and at the same time maximise the span. Not that easy when everything in the scene looks very similar, not really that hard either šŸ˜€

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n