DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7500m flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right, however the guidance is there purely and simply as society can’t allow folks to decide for themselves what is OK and what is not OK, otherwise it would be a free-for-all.

I’m with you, there’s many things id love to just get on and do but our society has decided they are no longer appropriate. Certain countries you can do this.... other countries you can do that etc.

Opt in or Opt out I guess. Not happy with the rules then move to somewhere that has non or allows you to do what you want.

But to break certain ones because or when it suits is what bothers me due to the fact that it is exactly for this reason that the controls are coming in.

I thought he was just wiring the second battery to the output of the first so making them run in parallel. Surely this would protect them from draining like this.
I have no experience with the mini BMS configuration. If similar logic is applied to other DJI flight packs parallel connection of external battery to contacts at a sufficient voltage would switch the battery to charge mode. As to connecting batteries in parallel absent BMS considerations (we would have a series parallel config in this case) the lower voltage pack could easily be damaged due to the acceptable charge rate being exceeded. This might be the issue here. LiION chemistry isn’t compromised being operated at 3.2V loaded. You probably have 15%+ remaining capacity at 3.2V. Even 3V is a relatively conservative value for end of flight voltage without an expectation of premature failure.

Hello all, I have to say that I’m disappointed in this channel as I thought I might get some insight and learn something about flying the mini as I am a brand new drone pilot. This seems to be just another social media waste of time.
Tell me this is not true?

Reactions: old man mavic
it is not true there are many many forum members who are more than willing to give you advice some subjects raise differences of opinion and sometimes passions get the better of people me included please stay and ask your questions and welcome to the forum

Hello all, I have to say that I’m disappointed in this channel as I thought I might get some insight and learn something about flying the mini as I am a brand new drone pilot. This seems to be just another social media waste of time.
Tell me this is not true?
You are referring to the Youtube channel linked in the thread, or this Mavic Pilots internet forum? The Youtube channel is probably not going to be overly informative for you, but I'm completely new to this hobby as well and have found there are some very helpful people here that are certainly willing to share their knowledge.

Not his piloting...

Excuse me if I’m misaligned. I would expect [Again, my standards.] anyone posting a video would state up front whether or not it was they who shot the video or not. In this case, because it was not, resulted in the responses you received. In other words, it was preventable.

You are referring to the Youtube channel linked in the thread, or this Mavic Pilots internet forum? The Youtube channel is probably not going to be overly informative for you, but I'm completely new to this hobby as well and have found there are some very helpful people here that are certainly willing to share their knowledge.
I guess I shouldn’t be so quick to judge.... my bad. Being covered up with snow here, I’ve only be able to fly in my house. Thank God for the prop Guards...Almost took out my wife.

it is not true there are many many forum members who are more than willing to give you advice some subjects raise differences of opinion and sometimes passions get the better of people me included please stay and ask your questions and welcome to the forum
Thank you and I look forward to learning all I can. Unfortunately there is a foot of snow outside and -10c so flying indoors is my only option for now. Can’t wait to fly outdoors
Cheers

Thank you and I look forward to learning all I can. Unfortunately there is a foot of snow outside and -10c so flying indoors is my only option for now. Can’t wait to fly outdoors
Cheers
Same story here as I am only a short distance West and North of you, but as long as it isn't snowing I'll be flying outside(well maybe not on the -30 to -40 days).

Who cares what he is doing or how he is doing it....

Morally it should not be sport to be interested in how people go about breaking the law

I’m not interested in what was drank to cause a DUI accident or what was used to cause criminal damage, this fascination with wrong doers is the feeding frenzy that spurs these folks on IMO.

For most reasonable people I believe that it's not a "fascination with wrong doers" - it's mostly about concern in terms of the damage to the reputation of the wider drone flying community that is caused whenever "wrong doers" boast about and publish their stupidity.

You are correct Pete and just deleted his thread on how to put the mini into stunt mode by doing a CSC in flight so see no reason for this to continue .
Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661