DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$799 Refurbished Mavics

Last edited:
These are also available on Amazon. I bought one a couple of days ago and it is supposed to be delivered Wednesday. With the Amazon credit card's 5% cash back the effective price is just $760.

These are also available on Amazon. I bought one a couple of days ago and it is supposed to be delivered Wednesday. With the Amazon credit card's 5% cash back the effective price is just $760.
That would put it just $60 ahead of the Spark's full kit, the only significant difference being just one Mavic battery and being refurbed. Still, it would be a no-brainer decision for me to go Mavic if I didn't already have one.

The discounting snowball is gathering speed and growing larger as it rolls.

Reactions: etrosty
So far my experience with the refurbished Mavic Pro and DJI's customer support has been quite negative. The drone came on Tuesday but when I tried to purchase the Refresh Care service on DJI's website I got an error message saying the drone had already been activated. I have been phoning and emailing DJI for the past three days and keep getting referred to a different department but so far there is no resolution of the issue. I am unwilling to actually fly the drone until the Refresh Care is active and DJI has been of no help so far.

Is the DJI customer support always this horrible? It makes me wonder if the Refresh Care is even worth getting.

The problem with these refurbs is that you are flying someone elses drone that was refurbished. One member here was also saying that his refurbished drone was registered under someone elses name.

To me, there is a difference between a refurbished Mavic and a used Mavic. DJI and Newegg are selling used Mavics and calling them refurbished.

In my mind, a refurbished drone has been gone over, broken parts replaced, new serial number assigned, and registration and serial number brand new as well as the drones name. DJI and Newegg are not doing that. Typical DJI, and Newegg since DJI is supplying them with the refurbs, they are just pushing them out the door without any QC.

I totally agree with you that the refurbished drone should have had a reset serial number etc.. It is incredible that this problem is occurring and DJI isn't fixing it in a timely fashion. The drone did appear to have been completely refurbished though including the cling wrap protecting the body and camera etc. etc..

At this point I don't think anybody should be buying a refurb until there is more clarity about these problems.

his refurbished drone was registered under someone elses name
Do we get to name our mavic?
How do i check it?
I bought a fly more combo on may 2017
And the controller is not paired to the mavic, am i a litte over thinking things?

The problem with these refurbs is that you are flying someone elses drone that was refurbished. One member here was also saying that his refurbished drone was registered under someone elses name.

To me, there is a difference between a refurbished Mavic and a used Mavic. DJI and Newegg are selling used Mavics and calling them refurbished.

In my mind, a refurbished drone has been gone over, broken parts replaced, new serial number assigned, and registration and serial number brand new as well as the drones name. DJI and Newegg are not doing that. Typical DJI, and Newegg since DJI is supplying them with the refurbs, they are just pushing them out the door without any QC.

The refurb I got from Drone Nerds has a new serial number. Suffix R = refurb
All sent instructions for care service but up price on refurbs by $50 to $149.

I don't think DJI is supplying Newegg with refurbs. The Newegg site says that they are "Sold and Shipped by DJI Official Store." Newegg is just putting the listing on their site and possibly handling the payment. Amazon will likely be the same.

The info on the refurb process is on the DJI site here: DJI Refurbish | DJI Store. If you go part way down the page, there's a link called "More about process" that states: "Firmware upgrades to the latest version, flightpath information erased and aircraft deactivated." I would have thought that deactivating the Mavic would have "un-registered" it from the previous owner's name. Either that's not the case, or they forgot to deactivate some of them.

Do we get to name our mavic?
How do i check it?
I bought a fly more combo on may 2017
And the controller is not paired to the mavic, am i a litte over thinking things?
Yes, you can name the Mavic. I don't have it in front of me, but you can see the current name in the settings. Maybe under "About" where you get the firmware and serial number info (?).

I don't think DJI is supplying Newegg with refurbs. The Newegg site says that they are "Sold and Shipped by DJI Official Store." Newegg is just putting the listing on their site and possibly handling the payment. Amazon will likely be the same.

Maybe so, but if someone elses name is on the refurbished Mavic you just bought, then it's not refurbished. It's used.

Maybe so, but if someone elses name is on the refurbished Mavic you just bought, then it's not refurbished. It's used.
Any refurbished product could be called "used." Someone owned it before you, so it is used.

Any refurbished product could be called "used."

Sorry but I disagree. There is a reason why manufacturers and resellers use the term "refurbished." It means that the bird has been gone through, all the settings reset, and a full MFG warranty applies, sometimes as long as the original warranty.

A private individual cannot "refurbish" a unit, he can not reset the name, serial number or many other setting of a factory refurbed bird. He can only sell it as used if it has not been through DJI's process of refurbishment. Now, with DJI and Newegg selling "used" birds claiming them to be refurbished, that's another story.

Just my opinion, but with a product that has so many things that can go wrong, a $200 savings is just not worth it.

Rob

Reactions: Former Member
That's a no brainer with a warranty for anyone considering a spark but want a big upgrade.

Sorry but I disagree. There is a reason why manufacturers and resellers use the term "refurbished." It means that the bird has been gone through, all the settings reset, and a full MFG warranty applies, sometimes as long as the original warranty.

A private individual cannot "refurbish" a unit, he can not reset the name, serial number or many other setting of a factory refurbed bird. He can only sell it as used if it has not been through DJI's process of refurbishment. Now, with DJI and Newegg selling "used" birds claiming them to be refurbished, that's another story.
I didn't say that any used product could be called refurbished, which is what you're implying with your second paragraph. Also, if you read the DJI page that I linked to in my original post above, it states that they do exactly what you say in your first paragraph, including the full manufacturer's warranty (same warranty as a new unit).

I got my refurb from DJI and it 'looks' brand new, flew it once with no problems. I previously had a P3P refurb which was definitely brand new.

Will do some more testing this weekend.

Reactions: Aerial West
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13