DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8 inch tablet

Hi all

I own a Mavic 2 pro and during the last months I bought a Lenovo tab m8 tablet, based on its specs (4gb ram, octacore, 8inch), I prefer a tablet for flying my drone for the bigger screen. I am not very happy with it, it feels slow, the LCD is not bright enough outdoors, and most important during my last flight (paid job) while I was flying the drone and recording video it decides to switch off on its own (the power off button was not pressed by mistake) maybe it got overhead ? Anyway it was a very scary moment as it took me about 2 minutes to switch it on again, connect it with the app etc.
After this incident I decided that I had enough with it, I will buy another tablet

I am looking for a bright LCD tablet around 8inch, fast enough to be able to view 4k video while my drone is recording (live ) and of course to be reliable
Any recommendations on what to look for?
Hi Eagle430, we both have the same birth date January 29th. Now back to your issues, I tried a lower dollar tablet that was way to slow and the screen could not keep up with the Go4 app so I took it back. Then I purchased an iPad Mini 4 without Cellular and the GPS was not very accurate at all so this was a serious issue trying to use the LAANC system. So I sold it to my son to use for my Grandson and he loves it. Okay, back to the topic. Now I use a PolarPro Tablet Mount with an iPad Mini 5 with 256 of memory and Cellular service. To make the tablet screen look as if it were nighttime, I use the Hoodman Drone Aviator Plus Hood Extender. This is the best $40 accessory you can buy and I fully recommend and use this unit on every daylight flight mission I'm on. And as another member said, a 4K tablet screen would be a serious waste to your money since the the video transmission rate of the drone in only in 1080p. Have Fun flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle430
I also wanted to ask if anyone is using a samsung galaxy tab active 3 ? It has great reviews and an lcd rated of 700 nits

My only worry is if the pgytech tablet mount I am currently using will work with it as it has 3 buttons in the side and the tablet holder might be pressing one of the buttons

Here ya go Chris,

I'm actually astonished that you haven't heard of this issue. It's been around forever. That's why products like CrystalSky and TriplTek have come to market.

And like you, I have also been in the high-tech industry for over 45 years as a FS Engineer, and I've actually worked in semiconductor manufacturing FABs like Intel Corporation, IBM, TSMC, Atmel, LSi Logic, WaferTech and others, actually fabricating integrated circuits on silicon wafers working in Ion Implantation, Diffusion, Etch, Lithography, Thin Films, etc so I'm pretty darn familiar with the intricacies of electronic circuitry. The number one killer of electronics in general is HEAT. So that's why manufacturers like Apple incorporate circuit-saving designs in order to mitigate overheating issues. So yes, I stand by all of my original statements, Apple incorporates this specific feature to darken the screen when temperatures bypass the threshold set for that device.

Cheers, mate!
Thanks for the info
Is this issue known for iPhones or its occuring on iPads as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1