DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8k hyperlpase mode

Pablo

Reactions
The 8k hypers are looking pretty ropey:

I don't like that you can only shoot in minimum 6 second intervals in 8k mode, 2/3 seconds is much better.

I'm sure the jerky footage is something that could be fixed in an update but not sure they will be able to reduce that 6 sec interval.

I understand that "8K hyperlapse" sounds much better "4K hyperlapse", but I would prefer a decent 4K mode over this limited and shaky 8K mode.

Wow, that's not great. I'm sure they'll fix it with firmware, but I'd be annoyed to get it like that after buying it.

I really don't understand why the 4K option is missing here.... 4K with an interval of 2s and some decent stabilization would be worlds better than this 8K mode of pretty much unusable footage..... :|

Does anybody know if it can also save the individual RAW photos? Or do you just get the final video and that's that?

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
I really don't understand why the 4K option is missing here.... 4K with an interval of 2s and some decent stabilization would be worlds better than this 8K mode of pretty much unusable footage..... :|

Does anybody know if it can also save the individual RAW photos? Or do you just get the final video and that's that?

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. I had been looking forward to the hyperlapse feature, while I realize 1080p is still an option it's annoying that there is nothing between 1080p and 8k.

I was wondering the same thing about the RAW photos, was also wondering if you can simply set it to take a photo every X number of seconds (similar to using an intervalometer on a camera) and then use software to process into a timelapse.

You can program it to take photos every few seconds but you can’t make it fly on its own unless you enter hyperlapse mode. It doesn’t have independent waypoints feature

The 8k hypers are looking pretty ropey:

I don't like that you can only shoot in minimum 6 second intervals in 8k mode, 2/3 seconds is much better.

I'm sure the jerky footage is something that could be fixed in an update but not sure they will be able to reduce that 6 sec interval.

Wow....... good question ! Why didn't they offer 2.7 or 4K and not just 1080p and 8K ? Unless there's a major firmware improvement man I can't see using the 8K hyperlapse whatsoever !

As for DCRainmaker, man, he knows how to dig ! Nice job DC !

You can program it to take photos every few seconds but you can’t make it fly on its own unless you enter hyperlapse mode. It doesn’t have independent waypoints feature

Hmmm I can live with that, at least initially. I take timelapse videos with a DSLR, those are always in a fixed location, so at least on some level the drone being in a fixed point is fine. But, I would prefer to be able to fully utilize hyperlapse!

Wow....... good question ! Why didn't they offer 2.7 or 4K and not just 1080p and 8K ?

It's an odd combination, 1080p or 8k. I can't imagine it being a tough firmware update to enable additional resolutions, but who knows. Still, I am excited to get my MA2 whenever it gets here.

I am hopeful of them adding 4K at least, if not taking down the 6s interval for 8K. And i really-really hope it can save the individual RAW images

That's awful, even the 1080p looks bad. something looks very off there. The drone is bobbing too much

How long does it usually take for litchi to receive SDK from dji? Hoping to use waypoint on litchi

How long does it usually take for litchi to receive SDK from dji? Hoping to use waypoint on litchi
Last I've read, Litchi has estimated the they will receive the SDK for the Mini this summer, so the Air 2 would follow sometime after that. Hopefully not as long of a delay as the Mini though.

I am a little confused here - doesn't the MA2 have TapFly and interval photos? Combine those and you have your ingridients for a nice hyperlapse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky