DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

90 + kph Mavic pro 2 flyaway

Hi All,
A friend had a flyaway and the drone moved according to most of what we can determine over 90 KPH . DJI says wind gust . Which was on a day with surface winds about 10 KPH. Anybody able to help out here
here is link to dat file it is big 2. + GB unless a txt may be better ? Let me know, Sorry, new to this , not sure if even posting where it should be
Don Joyce Sept 1 Flight Log - Google Drive

Drone did execute a RTH , but we really would like to know what issue actually was....help ?

I have attached a txt file as well

Rubistorm,
what firmware version is on your mavic ??? and also go4 app

I've read with interest a few threads like this one where an error seems to have no explanation.

I note on my Polar Pro app, the weather section includes KP readings, which it says, "... are used to characterize the magnitude of geomagnetic storms".

It goes on to explain, "The principal users affected by geomagnetic storms are the electrical power grid, spacecraft operations, users of radio signals that reflect off of or pass through the ionosphere, and sensitive equipment like quadcopters."

Is it not possible that such events are responsible for some of these episodes of seemingly unexplained drone behavior?

I've read with interest a few threads like this one where an error seems to have no explanation.
I note on my Polar Pro app, the weather section includes KP readings, which it says, "... are used to characterize the magnitude of geomagnetic storms".
It goes on to explain, "The principal users affected by geomagnetic storms are the electrical power grid, spacecraft operations, users of radio signals that reflect off of or pass through the ionosphere, and sensitive equipment like quadcopters."

Is it not possible that such events are responsible for some of these episodes of seemingly unexplained drone behavior?
No ... if it was, you'd expect to find hundreds of flyers being affected the same way on the same day.
So far there hasn't been a single flight incident that could be attributed to KP index issues.
Likely effects if they ever happen would be limited to a small increase in the inaccuracy that is already a feature of GPS.
And you'd probably not even notice it.

As pointed out by @Meta4, this was not a GPS or compass problem, which are the processes that might, conceivably, be affected by very severe geomagnetic storms. This was an IMU problem.

Reactions: Dan C
Also battery level stays at 84% during the whole 16 minutes flight ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spludge