DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

90% to Critically Low in 5 seconds....

I have had that happen to a Mavic 1 battery. Looking at Airdata I couldn't see a reason for it and so I flew it again. 3 flights later it did it again. The battery is completely flat bottomed and being curious I have since flown it low and slow a few times in my back yard..it quickly failed every time. My drone is pristine and the battery had been well cared for. I think you have to be aware that type of thing could happen at any time.

Thanks for all the replies... been swamped... I will look through these when things let up!!

Apologies if I came across as a complete ****... most of my friends say I am only a partial ****!!

;)

Just be safe and check batteries before installing.
Even with that, I had an M2P battery fail in the first minute or two of a flight even with no abnormalities noted in preflight or at TO and hover.
Point is, stay situationally aware.

Screenshot 2020-11-28 163549.png

Same here with M2P. Full charged battery (69 cycles).
30 seconds into the flight went from 96% charged to 0% and went into autoland. Fortunately it happened so close to home i could bring it back. A few minutes later i'd have been looking for it on a mountain.
Log shows cell 2 completely failed under load.
Log appears to have stopped recording before landing as well (stops 341ft from home)

4th flight of the day, 2nd flight of the day for that battery.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000