DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A 360 or Tiny Planet of a snowy Seattle

Could not get out to capture the snowy scene yesterday as the winds never really let up. So I went out about an hour ago to capture the scene. You can see part of the skyline of downtown to the south and to the north Greenlake contained in, well, Greenlake Park.

360-org_a78d2d0bc9984aa3_1549390076000.
Good fun, ff22! I have started to create and post a few 360 and 180 degree pano’s on Kuula. Some are with the Mavic Pro, others with a Nikon D800 and 14 -24mm lens. I have just purchased PTgui that does a phenomenal job of stitching, oh so fast.

Thanks for sharing, ff22!

Reactions: ff22
Good fun, ff22! I have started to create and post a few 360 and 180 degree pano’s on Kuula. Some are with the Mavic Pro, others with a Nikon D800 and 14 -24mm lens. I have just purchased PTgui that does a phenomenal job of stitching, oh so fast.

Thanks for sharing, ff22!

I have held off on PTgui - it seems a bit pricy!!!!

I have held off on PTgui - it seems a bit pricy!!!!
Indeed, it's a bit pricey. If I was on a PC, I would probably have tried Microsoft ICE, but alas, I'm on a Mac. And for those of us north of the 49th parallel, it was $154 CDN.

PTgui gives me pretty flawless 64 inch by 32 inch pano's from the 34 DNG files from the Mavic Pro, and 68 x18 inch of raw files from my D800 all at 300ppi. It's done in seconds while the latest version of Photoshop chugs away for 20 minutes on my 2013 to present Mac Pro with 32 GB's of RAM. You may wish to try the free trial.

Spent a number of months living and working in the Greenlake area of Seattle, one of my favourite cities. I was especially fond of the pub on the shores of Lake Washington near you as well as a wonderful Italian Market on Federal Way.

Cheers from the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island...

Really great job dude! Awesome photos and setting, everything is so crystal clear

Edit: What drone did you use?

Thanks. I took each of the types of Pans while shivering out there. (g)

I guess the Mods want pictures posted in this subforum. I posted in the Zoom forum originally, so that may provide a hint - I used the ZOOM (g)

I think it takes really good photos. Hovering up THERE (g) I'm pretty amazed. The Space Needle is also visible to the right of the downtown area.

Reactions: Point Zero
Indeed, it's a bit pricey. If I was on a PC, I would probably have tried Microsoft ICE, but alas, I'm on a Mac. And for those of us north of the 49th parallel, it was $154 CDN.

PTgui gives me pretty flawless 64 inch by 32 inch pano's from the 34 DNG files from the Mavic Pro, and 68 x18 inch of raw files from my D800 all at 300ppi. It's done in seconds while the latest version of Photoshop chugs away for 20 minutes on my 2013 to present Mac Pro with 32 GB's of RAM. You may wish to try the free trial.

Spent a number of months living and working in the Greenlake area of Seattle, one of my favourite cities. I was especially fond of the pub on the shores of Lake Washington near you as well as a wonderful Italian Market on Federal Way.

Cheers from the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island...

I've lived in this general area for a lot of years - omitting my age defining aspects (g)

I have not been up that way in decades. Camped and hiked in Strathcona.

And even more decades ago we drove across Canada from NY State and drove across Vancouver Island to the west coast. I was in Victoria about 3 years ago. Took the boat up and spent two nights.

Back on topic - I've tried ICE and did not have much luck. That's why I upload to Kuula - it assembles it for me!

Lol, must have been a joke?

Maybe but I've noticed in Panoramas that sometimes the seams are evident or there's a small "blur" where the match does not work as well. In some 360's the sky is not complete.

So, still waiting to see if there was a glitch. I looked again but might have missed it.

Sorry for my ignorance - new to this - but this 360’ is made from a bunch of panoramas that are stitched together, is that right?

I have to learn how to do this, the quality is fantastic. Thanks for opening my eyes to something new.

I just tried to upload a pano i just made on Kuula and its all the wrong format apparently?

Sorry for my ignorance - new to this - but this 360’ is made from a bunch of panoramas that are stitched together, is that right?

I have to learn how to do this, the quality is fantastic. Thanks for opening my eyes to something new.

It is a built-in feature. When in camera (not video) mode, hit the Setting icon under the shutter button (those little circles with lines). Then you will have three kind of tabs. You want the option to change camera. Hit the photo and then scroll down to Pans. There are a variety. The GLOBE is the 360. It takes a bunch of shots, so it is hovering and moving. It them assembles them.

But what is interesting is that the combined pan looks like the following but when posted to sites that support Tiny Planet or 360 pans, they will show up as they do in Kuula.

Here's the image I uploaded. (not sure why sometimes images are inline and sometimes a link)

Attachments

• 360-org_a78d2d0bc9984aa3_1549390076000.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: jbeam
I just tried to upload a pano i just made on Kuula and its all the wrong format apparently?

Just above I show what I uploaded. I think they may be particular about the overall dimensions and maybe file size. If I recall for the 360, you have to specify that as part of the upload process.

Nice 360 photo!

By the way, Seattle is a tiny planet, we just don't where yet.

Just kidding, my only experience was fly in, fly out. (Military)

I have 26 images to upload but it will only let me upload 1? I cant find any variable to change so that I can upload all of them!

Nice 360 photo!

By the way, Seattle is a tiny planet, we just don't where yet.

Just kidding, my only experience was fly in, fly out. (Military)

Well, I spent more time in Colorado Springs. One or two nights in a near flop house. Drove to the Pikes Peak road and hitched up and back. Many, many, many years ago.

I have 26 images to upload but it will only let me upload 1? I cant find any variable to change so that I can upload all of them!

Right, you need the drone to compile them into ONE image like the one I posted above. What I have done - Hit that Preview Icon (the small triangle pointed right???). Then when your images show up, select the "globe" and and hit the icon meaning download (the smart controller no longer has a SHARE option - probably because no email client. The download will compile or at least copy the consolidated Pan to wherever and that is the image to upload.

Probably not the clearest explanation!

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01