DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A 4000 lumen spot light more powerful than any on the market for our drones. Imalent LD70 EDC. NOT an advertisement

Don Testme

Reactions
These are probably the tiniest and the strongest spot lights you will find for a drone. 4000 lumens is a lot. I'm surprised it's a constant beam at 4000 lumens until the power runs out. Lasts about 30 minutes. The light it throws off is insane. I velcroed it to my M3, see pic below. They are about 50 dollars on Amazon. If you want to see at night, you will. It's way less expensive than the crap that is made for drones and is way more powerful. I had to buy 2 so, I could replace it when the battery dies. Again, lasts about 30 minutes.

Here is a link for amazon. https://www.amazon.com/IMALENT-Flas...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070147601752&psc=1

Light in My Hand.jpgLight Velcroed on My M3.jpg

Interesting < was leaning once again to this set up but its $149 and has a lot of Drag.

If i could get that to work with our setup on the Wet Suit that could be a win.

Is that USBC charging ?

2023-02-11_07h12_36.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Last edited:
Very nice looking light, magnetic connection charging cable and all. Definitely has possibilities for drone use. Maybe someone will come up with a clip on mount of some type, although the velcro looks like it will work as well.

Reactions: MA2 317
I found a few with the USBC , I just cannot deal with another charging cable.
Its something you really dont consider till you buy it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: MA2 317
I just cannot deal with another charging cable.

Aw heck, what's another cable in our lives. :D

OTG, USB, USBC, Mini USB, Micro USB, jumper, comcast ...

I feel your pain Phantomrain.org .

And no local Radio Shacks anymore that would probably have them in stock. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yeah, I was ready to grab one of these until I saw that not only does it have a proprietary magnetic charging adapter but it’s USB-A. Deal breaker for me since it means a separate cord AND charging block.

Interesting < was leaning once again to this set up but its $149 and has a lot of Drag.

Is that USBC charging ?

View attachment 160443

Phantomrain.org
If you look at the picture of it in my hand , you will see two little gold circles. It charges from a special usb cord that attaches to the two gold metal circles. It's magnetic, but does not affect the drone or it's compass whatsoever.

Yeah, I was ready to grab one of these until I saw that not only does it have a proprietary magnetic charging adapter but it’s USB-A. Deal breaker for me since it means a separate cord AND charging block.
Don't worry about the magnetic charger. It's too weak and does not affect the drone's functions or compass whatsoever. I've used it at least 50 times without any issue. Regarding USBA, that's why I now have three. I keep the others charging while using another. When I put 2 of these light on it, I get a whopping 8000 lumen beam. It's crazy. You can see everything even at 200 feet. They are so lite flight time is is only affected by maybe 2 minutes. I love them.

Regarding charging with a USBA, The battery isn't that big, so you have a short charging time. Unfortunately, I haven't timed it. It comes with its charger cord. I already have a bunch of "charging blocks" Most are high wattage fast charger blocks. I don't know if it speeds up the lights charging. I havent checked. But it's short anyway.

I don't know how sensitive the DJI Mavics are to high heat ...but this light gets literally burn your hands hot!
I've velcroed it to my drone over 50 times. The heat has no effect. And what is great, there is no temp regulator that lowers the 4000 lumen output. The light just turns off when out of power.

Is that USBC charging ?

View attachment 160443

Phantomrain.org
I've custom made the same system you setup on the drone in you picture. Yeah, it increases drag, but it's also heavy and put's a lot of stress on the drones motors, slows it down, and mostly reduces battery life of the drone to an unacceptable level for me.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Too bad there's no light on the gimbal so it would always be pointing in the direction you're videoing. Probably couldn't be any bigger than a cellphone flash.

Too bad there's no light on the gimbal so it would always be pointing in the direction you're videoing. Probably couldn't be any bigger than a cellphone flash.
I light like one that is on a phone wouldn't be strong enough, unless you filming something maybe max 15 ft away. I'm talking video of things 200 ft away with these 4000 lumen lights.

Reactions: shb
Just so you all know why the Imalent LD70 does not get hot when attached to the drone. Because I attach my lights under the prop wash, the props keep them warm to the touch, but not hot. They do get hot and can't be picked up when they are just sitting in your house or are stationary with no wind keeping them cool.

I never left one on without them attached to a drone and under the propellars, until today. But at least they don't get hot when flying stuck to the sides of your drone.

NOTE: Even if the lights got hot, the velcro acts like a temperature barrier between the light and the drone. I can hold the hot light without any issue when I rest the velcro side on my hand.

Is that USBC charging ?

View attachment 160443

Phantomrain.org
mAYBE YOU KNOW THIS, BUT edc LIGHTS CAN GET VERY HOT. tHEY HAVE REGULATORS TO DIM THEM IF THEY GET TO HOT. That's no good when your flying a drone at night and the light(s) dim suddenly. I believe I fixed that issue with the LD70 mini 4000 lumen lights. I attached a micro rc fan to one of the lights to test it. It stayed very cool. Like it was not even turned on and it never dimmed the light. It ran out of power quicker, but I prefer the 4000 lumens constantly on.

Should I start another post for this subject. How to keep small high powered EDC lights cool while flying your drone. In subject matter I would talk about how they get dim if they get too hot. I don't think anyone made a post like this yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13