DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini A Beautiful, Snowy Day on Southern Vancouver Island

PBDawg

Reactions
Unlike almost all of Canada, in my corner of the country (the Southwest, Pacific Coast), snow is relatively rare, but on the first day of Winter, snow fell upon my village of Brentwood Bay on Vancouver Island. The next day, the sun came out and I decided to launch my Mavic Mini to see how the neighborhood looks under a blanket of snow. I hope that this video brings you some Christmas season cheer.

Unlike almost all of Canada, in my corner of the country (the Southwest, Pacific Coast), snow is relatively rare, but on the first day of Winter, snow fell upon my village of Brentwood Bay on Vancouver Island. The next day, the sun came out and I decided to launch my Mavic Mini to see how the neighborhood looks under a blanket of snow. I hope that this video brings you some Christmas season cheer.

Wow. Like a Hallmark movie!

A beautiful day to fly! I enjoeyd the snow in Vacouver island, good editing and flying and good fitting music ?
merry christmas! cheers Paul

Reactions: PBDawg
You certainly live in a beautiful place! My wife and I have been up there, to Butchert Gardens, Victoria, and all the way up to Tofino, Chesterman Beach and Wickeninish Inn. The video was really nicely done. Loved your capture of the neighborhood, the straight down views, those tall (and risky) pine trees, and the music track.

You certainly live in a beautiful place! My wife and I have been up there, to Butchert Gardens, Victoria, and all the way up to Tofino, Chesterman Beach and Wickeninish Inn. The video was really nicely done. Loved your capture of the neighborhood, the straight down views, those tall (and risky) pine trees, and the music track.
Thanks so much Dale D. How nice that you and your wife have visited our area. We live up the hill from Butchart Gardens, just a few minutes' walk away. I would love to take my drone up to Tofino, being careful not to launch in any of the many provincial parks! Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

One of my favorite places in all the world. VI is just so special. My wife and I discussed moving there years ago.
Video nicely done also.
Bill Dunnuck
Naples, Blairsville.

One of my favorite places in all the world. VI is just so special. My wife and I discussed moving there years ago.
Video nicely done also.
Bill Dunnuck
Naples, Blairsville.
Thank you Bill, much appreciated. My wife and I do feel fortunate to live here. I'm glad that you have enjoyed visiting our corner of the world.

That was a very pleasant video to watch. Beautiful place, well flown and perfect music.

Thank you Kendallfordguy. How did you know that we are next to the Butchart Gardens? Have you visited our part of the world before? Merry Christmas!
Yes, I have and intend to return again. We were planning to come again last summer but covid got in the way. Maybe next summer.

Very nice, you have more snow than we got so far in Gatineau, Quebec. Well done

I have heard so much about Bentwood Bay from my late Mother in Law. She grew up there and talked of playing in what is now Butchart Gardens when it was a rock quarry, her playmate became the original caretaker of the gardens. She also talks of sailing a small boat in the bay amongst the Orcas. Her maiden name was Sluggett.

Very nice, you have more snow than we got so far in Gatineau, Quebec. Well done
Hello Vue D'Oiseau. I'm surprised that you haven't had much snow so far! As a young kid, I lived in Kanata, not far from you and I remember lots of deep snow. Of course, the snow hasn't lasted here, as you can see from the attached photo that I just took from my back deck! PXL_20201227_192906328.jpg

I have heard so much about Bentwood Bay from my late Mother in Law. She grew up there and talked of playing in what is now Butchart Gardens when it was a rock quarry, her playmate became the original caretaker of the gardens. She also talks of sailing a small boat in the bay amongst the Orcas. Her maiden name was Sluggett.
Thank you for sharing that information Farmboy. It's always interesting to hear stories from some of the earlier inhabitants of this area. The Sluggett family has very deep roots in Brentwood Bay as the following map indicates. Sluggett Point is one of my favorite sites for scuba diving!
1609098481961.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31