DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A charming village under snow, seen as a model

eutx9795

Reactions
Buitrago de Lozoya, Madrid (Spain), at drone's eyed view

At 74 kilometers from the center of Madrid and on a steep meander of the Lozoya River, it has a great charm due to its walled area that covers the entire urban area. It is the only town in Madrid that keeps its old walled enclosure intact. It is located in the Sierra de Guadarrama, which gives a touch of harmonious nature without equal.

History

Buitrago de Lozoya has in Cayo Flaminio (S. I a.C) the first historical reference. It received the name of Litabrum. Until the Middle Ages, there are very few important findings that are made about Buitrago except that celtiberos and carpetanos lived.
In the Middle Ages, Buitrago de Lozoya has Arab, Roman, Visigoth, Christian, etc. influences. Although highlights the era of Roman rule.

The denomination of Buitrago finds its origins in the 11th century with Alfonso VI. He conquered it in 1083, before conquering Toledo, to guarantee the passage of his troops.
Between the XV and XVII centuries, Buitrago lives its stage of greater splendor with the Mendoza family in everything related to construction of buildings and urban development.

The Mendoza were originally from two humble Alava villages: Mendoza and Orozco. From them came the house of the Infantado and the manors of Hita and Buitrago, among others. This family was very important in Castile, where they had many misfortunes. They had numerous members in the court, as well as in America, where they held positions of great importance.

In the eighteenth century Buitrago de Lozoya has its hegemony in regard to commercial and administrative activities. In this century, buildings were practically not built. During the 19th century, the walled enclosure becomes important, which serves to try to protect the town from invading attacks. It is necessary to emphasize the attack of Napoleón that in 1808 occupied Buitrago and burned the walled enclosure.

During the 20th century Buitrago de Lozoya can boast of having received two awards of international importance such as being of Cultural Interest to the town granted in 1993. The other prize not less important was received by its walls and the fortress during the Second Republic, specifically in the year 1931, which were declared National Monuments. Nowadays, every year there is a living crib and a medieval fair, which gives the town a special character and attracts many visitors. The living crib is performed during the Christmas season, while the medieval fair is exhibited in September.

That is REALLY cool.
How do you get that model effect?
Was that shot with the Mavic or Air?
Thanks
I achieved the effect increasing contrast, saturation, zooming and applying blur to the edges of the scene (tilt shift effect). There are tutorials at Youtube.

Reactions: Jake 61 and BerndM
Thanks
That is a great effect
Thanks!! The village is perfect to do this and finally I achieved more or less the effect.

Thanks for your comment!

I am definitely a sucker for tilt shift! Love it.

Mike

I will try to find other good place to do this.

Thanks for comment!!

Great use of TS, love it! It's something I always enjoy playing with, but it hadn't even occurred to me to try it with the MP! :)

Reactions: eutx9795
Great use of TS, love it! It's something I always enjoy playing with, but it hadn't even occurred to me to try it with the MP! :)

Thanks for your comment but what is is MP?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito