DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A close encounter...

I thought you were being extra cautious by landing as I fly sometimes and other Mavic's and Phantoms appear and I just keep flying my paths. Then I saw you were low battery.

Reactions: Mavic_Dan
I was about to question your nerve...BUT,i was wrong...low battery..otherwise very cool video

Reactions: Mavic_Dan
I thought you were being extra cautious by landing as I fly sometimes and other Mavic's and Phantoms appear and I just keep flying my paths. Then I saw you were low battery.
It's a good thing I was on my last battery when the other guys with racing drones started. They were zipping around with no definite path so I decided to keep mine high up. :)

I was about to question your nerve...BUT,i was wrong...low battery..otherwise very cool video
I would have tried to fly further away from those racing/freestyle drones. It was worrying with them zipping around so close and so unpredictable.

Thanks for watching till the end. :)

Cool video but the part I liked best was the bit where you hyperlapsed people walking across the bridge - very comical.
Was experimenting with creating hyperlapse on that part but glad it made you laugh. [emoji14]

I'm still learning so sometimes I make bad choices... Haha!

Thanks for watching and giving your feedback!

Racing drone in the park full of people... That is so reckless ... That is what ruins peaceful use of our drones in public places.
It is like you're riding recreational bicycle there and someone suddenly wires around on dirt bike. Nobody noticed you until that moron shows up...

Racing drone in the park full of people... That is so reckless ... That is what ruins peaceful use of our drones in public places.
It is like you're riding recreational bicycle there and someone suddenly wires around on dirt bike. Nobody noticed you until that moron shows up...
My bad. I think those are what they call 'freestyle' drones. It can do flips and such. To be fair, they were flying over the part where nobody walks and seemed quite proficient with it. But I had to be wary and fly mine at a higher altitude to avoid any mishaps.

It looked like a Spark to me.
I am not familiar with Spark's capabilities but the one on video did "the flip". Can Spark do that?
My bad. I think those are what they call 'freestyle' drones. It can do flips and such. To be fair, they were flying over the part where nobody walks and seemed quite proficient with it. But I had to be wary and fly mine at a higher altitude to avoid any mishaps.
I totally disagree with you. "Aerial photography" which is main usage for Mavics is entirely different breed. "Free style" or "Racing" or even "Sport mode" is something that needs designated area. Parks full of people with kids in strollers shall not be even considered as such place. With respect to operator's proficiency, this buzzer (1:39) was definitely not more than 20 - 30 feet away from you and that to my knowledge is illegal. Serious pilots in real "birds" don't even think about buzzing close to or over crowd, houses etc. What would be the purpose of that?! Scare them, make them "WOW" the recklessness... If operator wants to practice or show off like Red Bull pilots, city parks are not places for that kind activities. Unless there is an official event (competition or show) organized, controled and secured by authorities.
This careless behavior documented on the video kills this small bit of tolerance that we try to build operating "Photo Drones"... Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Spark's capabilities but the one on video did "the flip". Can Spark do that?

I totally disagree with you. "Aerial photography" which is main usage for Mavics is entirely different breed. "Free style" or "Racing" or even "Sport mode" is something that needs designated area. Parks full of people with kids in strollers shall not be even considered as such place. With respect to operator's proficiency, this buzzer (1:39) was definitely not more than 20 - 30 feet away from you and that to my knowledge is illegal. Serious pilots in real "birds" don't even think about buzzing close to or over crowd, houses etc. What would be the purpose of that?! Scare them, make them "WOW" the recklessness... If operator wants to practice or show off like Red Bull pilots, city parks are not places for that kind activities. Unless there is an official event (competition or show) organized, controled and secured by authorities.
This careless behavior documented on the video kills this small bit of tolerance that we try to build operating "Photo Drones"... Just my 2 cents...

@Lubelaczek I see your point and have to agree with you. They are exciting and at the same time, risky. One wrong move is all it takes, as you highlighted at 1:39. :) I fly my Mavic Air for aerial video & photography (hobbyist) and make it a point to stay within the general rules. This is the first time I went to that drone friendly park and hopefully it stays that way, drone friendly. :p

The video was made in the name of fun but seems like it can serve as a dos and don'ts of flying a drone in a public area.

Reactions: Lubelaczek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom