DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A couple new features, in spite of a small issue

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
In spite of getting that annoying announcement of "Atti Mode" randomly with lots of satellites linked (see other thread) I discovered that there are some new featues that I wasn't aware of until I went hunting through my settings and stumbled upon a video this morning. I thought I'd share what I found for those that haven't discovered them yet, and perhaps you guys will point me to things that I haven't found yet.

1) The new compass feature. This one is going to take some getting used to, because with the previous indicator in the bottom center of the screen, YOU were stationary and you could see where the drone was pointed in relation to you, but without regard to direction. The new compass feature shows the drone in relation to true north and "N" and you now seem to rotate around the drone. It also shows the drone, you and homepoint separately. It also has an indicator as to how you are manipulating the sticks. At first I thought the change would be annyoing, but as I think that I could change my position from the home point and this would help me bring the drone to me if I was no longer near the home point. It will still take some getting used to, but it seems like an improvement. I wonder if DJI did this as a first step to remote ID?

2) The function button how has multiple selections and both a single tap and double tap function. I am happy to see that one of them is a "gimbal recenter" function. It's not just gimbal recenter, but it can point the gimbal straight down with just a tap, then another tap and it will recenter. Before, without this, if I wanted to look straight down to see what was below I had to use the scroll wheel. Check out the selections for the customizable fn button.

3) Tapping on the satellite icon brings up a larger dialogue box making it easy to see how many satellites you're locked on to. I hope they can implement this in the Go 4 app where the text is even too small to read with reading glasses. The tap-to-enlarge also works with the signal strength indicator.

So, what else is there in the firmware/app update that I'm missing?

In spite of getting that annoying announcement of "Atti Mode" randomly with lots of satellites linked (see other thread) I discovered that there are some new featues that I wasn't aware of until I went hunting through my settings and stumbled upon a video this morning. I thought I'd share what I found for those that haven't discovered them yet, and perhaps you guys will point me to things that I haven't found yet.

1) The new compass feature. This one is going to take some getting used to, because with the previous indicator in the bottom center of the screen, YOU were stationary and you could see where the drone was pointed in relation to you, but without regard to direction. The new compass feature shows the drone in relation to true north and "N" and you now seem to rotate around the drone. It also shows the drone, you and homepoint separately. It also has an indicator as to how you are manipulating the sticks. At first I thought the change would be annyoing, but as I think that I could change my position from the home point and this would help me bring the drone to me if I was no longer near the home point. It will still take some getting used to, but it seems like an improvement. I wonder if DJI did this as a first step to remote ID?

2) The function button how has multiple selections and both a single tap and double tap function. I am happy to see that one of them is a "gimbal recenter" function. It's not just gimbal recenter, but it can point the gimbal straight down with just a tap, then another tap and it will recenter. Before, without this, if I wanted to look straight down to see what was below I had to use the scroll wheel. Check out the selections for the customizable fn button.

3) Tapping on the satellite icon brings up a larger dialogue box making it easy to see how many satellites you're locked on to. I hope they can implement this in the Go 4 app where the text is even too small to read with reading glasses. The tap-to-enlarge also works with the signal strength indicator.

So, what else is there in the firmware/app update that I'm missing?
Not sure what you are on about but the ability to recenter the gimbal by tapping/double tapping the function button has always been there. Don't know how you could have missed it previously really.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Personally I found that remark highly disrespectful. What you may not know is that I have an eye-brain coordination disability which makes it easy for me to miss things visually.

Perhaps a more courteous response to an oversight might have been "I'm not sure how you might have missed it"... or "certainly you overlooked something that was already there". I'm sure you can do better in the future.

Several threads on the new features of 1.2.2, particularly the new attitude indicator.
Incidentally, the indicator shows AC tilt, which will occur in wind with no stick input.

I pointed out in one of those that you can click on the satellite and the signal strength icons to get clearer about them.

Forgive our impatience, but we're getting lots of duplicate topics on this very thing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3