DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini A few PROS/CONS on the First flight with the DJI Mini 3 Pro.

Manuforti

Reactions
It was low light with diffuse cloud so challenging lighting and, spoiler alert BORING. Watch long enough to see the low light performance.
CONS:
-Drone stayed in Normal when I had the controller button on Cine until I toggled it back and forth.
-I tried 4K60 and that may have made the controller image a bit jerky at times?
-Controller stick movement seems looser than for the Mini 2.
PROS:
-Seemed to handle the low light well. The light was changing rapidly so I just left in auto but the detail seems good. It was a lot darker than the footage appears and light dropped FAST.
-The sound drops off fast as it moves away. I sometimes used the sound of the mini 2 to judge how close it was. With the Mini 3 it can get below treetop level before you hear it. So be careful, VLOS is crucial. MUCH quieter. My wife commented on it right away.
-RC booted up fast and grabbed satellites quickly. I like how much less fuss it was without the cell phone.
-Extended battery makes the flights a lot longer.
In general I realized I have no idea how to edit 60fps drone footage alongside 30 fps ground B-roll on the 360 Camera

Reactions: YVRGUY
@Manuforti just some quick info on the mode ,regardless of what mode your have set on the RC ,the drone always takes off in N mode ,and then once it is airborne, you can as you said, toggle the switch to which setting you want

-Drone stayed in Normal when I had the controller button on Cine until I toggled it back and forth.

Is this consistently happening? Haven't noticed it, I'll have to check it today.
-I tried 4K60 and that may have made the controller image a bit jerky at times?

That would be weird since it transmits in 1080p back to the controller.

-Controller stick movement seems looser than for the Mini 2.

I think the sticks are much smoother actually.

-The sound drops off fast as it moves away. I sometimes used the sound of the mini 2 to judge how close it was. With the Mini 3 it can get below treetop level before you hear it. So be careful, VLOS is crucial. MUCH quieter. My wife commented on it right away.

I see that as a good thing...makes it less noticeable to civilians.

-RC booted up fast and grabbed satellites quickly. I like how much less fuss it was without the cell phone.

Exactly why I got the RC version. :)

-Extended battery makes the flights a lot longer.
In general I realized I have no idea how to edit 60fps drone footage alongside 30 fps ground B-roll on the 360 Camera

You'll need to reduce the framerate from 60 to 30 in Adobe Premiere (or whatever you use). Since there is no audio it won't have any effect there. But it will cause it to be slow motion. If you plan on using a camera that can't shoot 60fps you are better off shooting at 30fps to match the 360 camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev