DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little help please!

thyuro

Reactions
Recently, after a long time of not using it, my dear old Mavic started having some issues. Although the pictures and the videos that I take are crystal clear, the transmited image to the tablet (a samsung 8") is very grainy making very hard to see what's on the screen. I tried other tablets and phones with the remote control and having the same issue.
Had anybody had this issue and how did you fix it?
Screenshot_2022-02-24-22-40-49-69_5faa49e2a4e16073012e3e35e9dfc0cb.jpg

My first move would be a battery with full charge.
I also would go into manual mode and see if the camera ISO ect is working correctly as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: martys
My first move would be a battery with full charge.
I also would go into manual mode and see if the camera ISO ect is working correctly as well.
The screen quality doesn't drop out because the battery is at 37%.
If the camera is taking pictures properly, there's obviously no problem with camera settings

Reactions: Fixit
I've tried all the above but nothing works. It seems to be a problem with the way the video signal is being transmited to the phone or tablet. I had this drone for nearly 6 years now and know the settings.
I'll try downgrading the firmware to see if the problem persists but if that fails, it's a hardware fault and I don't know what could cause this. :(

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I've tried all the above but nothing works. It seems to be a problem with the way the video signal is being transmited to the phone or tablet. I had this drone for nearly 6 years now and know the settings.
I'll try downgrading the firmware to see if the problem persists but if that fails, it's a hardware fault and I don't know what could cause this. :(
It's unlikely that messing with the firmware would make any difference.
Not sure if it's the problem, but to eliminate it as a possibility, have you tried using a different cable?

Reactions: dstuart
From the screen shot it looks as if it's in the house. Have you tried it out in the open? Just grasping at straws here. Interference with the transmitted signal from the drone?

It's unlikely that messing with the firmware would make any difference.
Not sure if it's the problem, but to eliminate it as a possibility, have you tried using a different cable?
Yes, I got a new cable from amazon, same issue.

From the screen shot it looks as if it's in the house. Have you tried it out in the open? Just grasping at straws here. Interference with the transmitted signal from the drone?
I didn't used to have this problem, same happens outside.

I didn't used to have this problem, same happens outside.
Your recorded footage is fine so the camera is doing it's thing as is the circuitry to the media. That leaves the signal path to the transmitter and out through the antenna. If the results are the same on multiple receivers e.g. tablet, phone, that would eliminate them. Only thing I can think of is something went south in the transmit feed inside the drone. I don't have schematics and I don't attempt electronic repairs on the drone so that's as far as I can go.

h264 vs h265? Resolution on the phone perhaps? Just wild guess's....

Cheers!

I get black and white stripes change cables and works a couple flights one tab with lightning , another with micro I,ve decided its not gonna go away maybe in my case more expensive equipment sometimes it does and then it,s as clear is it can be samsung, lenova and the 10 onn is usually clear 4 mavic pros all did the same I fly missions and check my footage out at the house its always good If you find a cure i,ll be watching

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember back then there was a setting on the image transmission quality. You might look at the setting in the transmission menu, or elsewhere.

Reactions: db4476
I get black and white stripes change cables and works a couple flights one tab with lightning , another with micro I,ve decided its not gonna go away maybe in my case more expensive equipment sometimes it does and then it,s as clear is it can be samsung, lenova and the 10 onn is usually clear 4 mavic pros all did the same I fly missions and check my footage out at the house its always good If you find a cure i,ll be watching
The stripes happen if you have the over exposure warning turned on.

I think this is just typical/normal for a low light situation, and/or wrong camera settings.
Notice in the right upper corner that EA is locked.

I think this is just typical/normal for a low light situation, and/or wrong camera settings.
Notice in the right upper corner that EA is locked.
It's not normal and has nothing to do with low light.
For some reason the phone is not displaying the full range of colours and is using a reduced palette of 16 colours or something like that.

Flashing/reflashing or downgrading/upgrading the firmware done nothing. It's so bloody annoying!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSPencer