DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A little too close.........

FASTFJR

Reactions
On the way to DC this morning, I95 comes to a quick standstill. I can see flashing lights and what looks to be a wreak. Next thing I know a helicopter lands right next to us. Debris flying everywhere, luckily my paint is ok

Interesting that traffic was stopped in your lane. In the video it seems the wreck was in the other lane.
Rubbernecking?

Sounds like it was a construction worker that was struck - N/B was closed for several hours

Perryville, MD (WJZ)– Maryland State Police say a construction worker suffered serious injuries after being struck by a vehicle on I-95 in Cecil County.

The incident took place just before 10a.m. Saturday morning near mile marker 93 in Perryville.

All northbound lanes of I-95 were shutdown for several hours and a Maryland State Police Medevac helicopter was used to transport the victim to an area hospital.

Officials say 4-vehicles were involved in the accident that remains under investigation.

Anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact Maryland State Police.

Possible for safety of heli landing they closed both directions of traffic, less pilot distraction I guess for landing ?
Would be off putting having larger vehicles (tall trucks etc) moving nearby, was a fairly close proximity landing over normal.

If a roadside worker injury, people can be so impatient around roadworks can't they ?
Usually location signage and barriers are sufficient for safe workspaces, but I see dashcam vids of people flying through them without regard to speed restrictions at these sites.
Some people put their personal schedules ahead of someone else getting home safely from work.

Hope the victim is doing ok.

When we land medicvac Helios on roads all traffic is stopped so that some stupid driver does not hit the chopper...50 foot safe zone...can only be achieved by stopping all traffic unless it is a divided hyway...everyone waits till medicvac lifts off....

Reactions: FASTFJR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121