DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A 'Must Have' for Mini travels

There are plenty more on that site if you’re interested in getting one with multiple charging panels. With 4 panels it’s almost charging the same as it is discharging. Time to get another one for hurricane season and Mavic Mini season.

Ended up buying the four panel model. $39.99. Wanted the extra charging ability and it was the only multi-panel one with all five stars. Hard decision because I really wanted the other one for $25 with an extra small batt pack for the wife.
Got this one instead. Can’t get url link to work. ??
33139AA9-D350-4248-B0C8-6A3B7A91B5A0.png
There were some 4 panel batt packs with higher output specs, but most had plenty of dissatisfaction after purchase. Thus my decision to buy this one.

Last edited:
I'm sure that many of you are already using these, but for those first-timers wanting to know how to charge and discharge away from home, here's an answer. Inexpensive, simple, two-in-one.

View attachment 93005

Solar battery pack. .......... Amazon has a 25000Ah for $25 that will keep your flying for a long time. ............

Pay attention to the limiation of most (if not all) airlines for battery packs: 20'000Ah in carry-on, no batteries at all allowed in hold luggage.

Pay attention to the limiation of most (if not all) airlines for battery packs: 20'000Ah in carry-on, no batteries at all allowed in hold luggage.
I think it is actually less (16,000)....unless it is medical equipment, like an electric wheelchair.

I had to leave some electric bicycles in Holland, due to the restriction :-(
Good God, I have no interest in a drone that size for fun.

Reactions: Capt KO
at 37g they will be overloaded no matter what. I did tests with 42g strobe light just for kicks and MM was switching automatically to Sport mode just to be able to hover. I guess we need to buy carbon fiber and make ultra-light floaties ourself :) it will probably fly in zero wind, but I would be scared to take it out a bit further.

There’s also the option to obtain a Phantom :-D. You’ve already got a jet ski, you won’t notice another 5-6 lbs.

Hopefully DJI or somebody will come up with some improved props and stiffer front arms. That will be a better bird

Overall, I’m underwhelmed by the MM. Yes, the props are more flimsy than a Tello...I just ordered some carbon fiber blades that are solid as aluminum, but will exceed the 249g limit.

What’s the problem with the front arms? TBH, I’ve only flown the MM over rice paddies during calm & clear weather. I’ve not paid much attention....I assumed the massive “prop flop” was the culprit to the MM’s mushy feel. I’ll report back once I receive the CF models.

The MM props weigh 1.05 grams per pair. For ref, this is a Mavic Air CF blade. It has no flex at all, and weighs over 3g.

Not too scientific, but a real CF MM prop set, all 8 might only add 2g to the weight.
2b0633e0ff119d11d1855fa3ddd1f72e.jpg

Reactions: Nd33
I guess it would be good for all the USB charging drones?

Here's a short review of some of my China add-ons. Rate 0 - 5 *
Prop covers..........$6. ****
RC dust cover.......$8. ***
Strobe light...........$16. ***
Lanyard holder......$2. ***
Landing floats.......$12. *

The prop guards are well-built but have to be put on the right way or else. Almost gave it a one-star until I figured it out.
The dust cover is ok for me. Will keep out drizzle and debris from sticks.
Pleased with the strobe, using it on my Phantom also .
The cheap lanyard holder actually works. The holes are fairly small but it stays in place well.
The landing floats are dangerous! they block the downward flow of air from the props. There are motor overload warnings immediately upon liftoff. I have purchased some more inch and 1/2 tubing from Amazon to see if I can modify these floats to work. Worth a try.

View attachment 93016View attachment 93018View attachment 93019View attachment 93020View attachment 93021

sea y'all ✋? gawn fishin'
Thanks for sharing. I like the controller lanyard but can’t find it on amazon. Do you have a link or a name to search by?

Thanks for sharing. I like the controller lanyard but can’t find it on amazon. Do you have a link or a name to search by?
It was part of one of my orders from AliExpress in China. I have more items on the way, but they are stuck because of the Coronavirus.
US $2.09 20% OFF|Remote Controller Double Hanging Buckle for DJI Mavic 2/MINI/PRO/Air/Spark Hook Bracket Lanyard Strap Shoulder Neck Belt Sling-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on AliExpress
I usually get delivery in less than 2 weeks.

I'm sure that many of you are already using these, but for those first-timers wanting to know how to charge and discharge away from home, here's an answer. Inexpensive, simple, two-in-one.

View attachment 93005

Solar battery pack. The one I have is 16000Ah and will fully charge my three batteries or two batteries and the remote while in the dark. Double that in the Sun. Amazon has a 25000Ah for $25 that will keep your flying for a long time. Do not pay attention to mAh because you have to delete two zeros. 900000mAh becomes 9000Ah.

Now the second best part. It works just as good as a discharger. Switch the cable around and the battery pack becomes a discharger. Get to use the same power over and over. And it is convenient.

The battery pack charges at the same rate as a wall charger so there is no loss of time. But you must have a cord that will handle that amperage. The cables that came with the mini are fine for this, or other heavy duty Android charge cables. I hope this is helpful to some.

Bought my original one for hurricane season sometime before I flew drones. Going to grab a second one so I will never be without power. Free power to the people!
There is something wrong with your conversion between mAh to Ah. 900000mAh = 900 Ah.

There is something wrong with your conversion between mAh to Ah. 900000mAh = 900 Ah.
You are correct. I corrected myself on a previous post. It was too late to delete it from the original. Definitely not as sharp as I used to be. Yikes but my intentions were good. Take care

It weighs 37 grams. I floated it in a sink and it floats well. I did not try Landing it in water because it does not fly with the floats. In their current form, they block the down flow from the props so the motors are constantly overloaded. I'm waiting for some more tubing to arrive so I can find a way to make them work with a little redesign. Will let you know how it works. Good luck

I'm waiting this one (27g).. hope it works well

View attachment 93005

Solar battery pack. The one I have is 16000Ah and will fully charge my three batteries or two batteries and the remote while in the dark. Double that in the Sun. Amazon has a 25000Ah for $25 that will keep your flying for a long time. Do not pay attention to mAh because you have to delete two zeros. 900000mAh becomes 9000Ah.

Now the second best part. It works just as good as a discharger. Switch the cable around and the battery pack becomes a discharger. Get to use the same power over and over. And it is convenient.

The battery pack charges at the same rate as a wall charger so there is no loss of time. But you must have a cord that will handle that amperage. The cables that came with the mini are fine for this, or other heavy duty Android charge cables. I hope this is helpful to some.

Bought my original one for hurricane season sometime before I flew drones. Going to grab a second one so I will never be without power. Free power to the people!

What is the brand and model?

I'm waiting this one (27g).. hope it works well
That is less weight than mine so it might do the job. If it doesn’t it will because of the lack of downflow. Going out to fly mine right now with the changes. Let you know. Need to calm winds

What is the brand and model?
Made in China. Lol. No kidding, no name, only that. Didn’t have any idea of the weight until I received it and weighed it. Just buying different cheap items to see if they work, and some of them actually do. Take care

That is less weight than mine so it might do the job. If it doesn’t it will because of the lack of downflow. Going out to fly mine right now with the changes. Let you know. Need to calm winds
Just looked at the specs on the one that you bought. It’s definitely the lightest weight of the bunch, it’s also got a wider footprint which I believe is going to help you. The floats do not seem to block as much of the downflow from the props. It’ll be interesting when you give it a try. Good luck

Reactions: Saigondroner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman