DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A nice sunset, and another interesting lesson

Saigondroner

Reactions
My UAV permit has expired, due to the Corona virus hysteria, all VN Govt. offices are closed for the forseeable future. I religiously adhere the NFZ & TFR rules. I used to fly from my local HP almost daily, but I have "self grounded" myself until things settle down, & I get my permit renewed. This evening had an especially nice sunset, and I caught a photo of it from my balcony. The photo also captured an airliner on approach to Tan Son Nhat airport (SGN). Since I'm bored to death and dislike seeing jets anywhere near my flight area, I thought I would measure how far I am from both the airport, and the landing plane.

I am about 10km (6 miles) from the airport, just outside the NFZ. The plane, however, was half the distance 4km (2.5 miles), during its descent, flying about 300 kmph @ 180 meters. Both the AC & I were/are outside the UAV NFZ. If you have ever seen any of my video, those towers on the left are the ones that block my RC for up to 20 min.

I will keep those numbers in mind when flying in-town, and planning routes. Apt on right, airport on left, AC at the top.

Food for thought....

Safe flying!

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 19.07.19.pngVN_sunset.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000