DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A question about replacing the gimbal in any of the drones where the gimbal is paired to a circuit board in the drone.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I have a bought for parts etc. Mavic Mini (MM) it flies and the camera works but the gimbal does not work. The gimbal appears to do the dance at boot but then nothing. I need to check it against a working MM to check whether a working gimbal yaws during the dance and I keep forgetting to do that. I didn't see any yaw in the 'dance' of the broken gimbal.
I also have a spare gimbal with a dead camera, I do not know if this gimbal works. I am thinking of putting the working camera into the spare gimbal and trying the assembly in the "for parts" drone.
I half expect the rebuilt drone to kick out a load of error messages due to things not being paired. Assuming that happens I would but the camera back into its old gimbal but I am concerned about whether or not the drone will reject the old camera and gimbal as a consequence of the test.

Does anyone know if such a swap/test will break the pairing of original components in the drones that feature this bothersome connection between their parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat