DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera question

yendor65

Reactions
So I crashed my air 2 and messed up the gimbal, I bought an another air2 that was wrecked but camera and gimbal worked fine. So I moved the gimbal and camera over to my old drone. Now I get a message that says I need to activate my drone. Does anyone know if the camera is linked to the individual drone?

Reactions: Cafguy
It used to be easy to swap gimbals back in the Phantom days. Today if you put a different camera on most DJI drones you have do some hacking with third-party apps to get the drone to recognize it and calibrate.

Haven't done it myself, so I can't help with details. It's been discussed many times on the forum, you should be able to find it pretty easily with a forum search.

I know about the calibration, didn’t see anything about the camera..thanks

IIRC there are some models that can't be done without a trip to DJI and a dance with their internal tools, IIRC.

Swapping cameras on the newer drones require proprietary software that only DJI and their authorized repair centers have. It's required to pair the camera to the motherboard at least since the MA2.

The numbers on your camera have to match the numbers the motherboard is seeking-- If you understand and can use the programs it can be done -IF NOT- you should Send it to DJI-- Once again your numbers have to match.

Thanks for the replies. I think I’ll just try putting my old camera in and see what happens. 👍👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne