DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A rare crash with a happy ending.

Midnite Mav2

Premium Pilot
Reactions
About a month ago I was flying my Zoom in the yard and what I can only describe as a "Brain LOS", I flew into the top of the one tree in the yard. I had no way to retrieve it as the tree is way too tall(over 65') and for the life of me could not locate it. Even tried using the drone camera until the battery fully discharged. For three weeks through multiple monsoon rains, Tennessee temps above 89 and winds that would not dislodge it I had pretty much given up thinking at best if it comes down it will do so in pieces. Lo and behold, after a hard wind that morning I look out the window and there it was. It had fell into the ground nose first just missing the camera. It didn't seem to have any moisture on it. Everything looked intact so I took the batt. out and let it set overnight. Next day put a fresh batt. in and to my shock it fired right up and I have been flying it ever since. The only damage I found was a small crack on two of the props.
Beyond lucky I'd say!

I'd perhaps have given it longer in a drying enviroment than overnight but.....congratulations.
Did you consider looking for it with another drone?
As an aside, there is or was at least one youtube video of a Phantom hooking another Phantom out of a tree but it would be a risky maneuver but spotting should be harmless enough

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N