DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A simple Amazon UK link to 7" tablet would be great

tjpearson

Reactions
Hiya everyone,
I know there is a list for working devices but I'm having a hard time sourcing 64 bit tablets in UK.

Opened my shiny new Christmas gift after being assured by seller it was 64 bit to find it's 32 bit so promptly being returned to Amazon.

Can anyone send me a link for Amazon UK for a working 7" or 8" tablet £70 to £150 that they have ordered that gets the DJI Fly app working.

Would really appreciate help with this.

tj

Well you didn't make it easy, I had to do a US search first... then do a cross to UK...this is the best I can find: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Red...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Even then it's a Phone and screen size is 6.6"...I might have missed one or two on the known used list but it rates high among users (22% reporting) for the Fly App. :) And it's a 2020 model, again best I could find given your range and criteria.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for reply.

Ordered

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 Wi-Fi 8 Inch​

Reviews say a lot got DJI Fly app working on this, less than £100 as well

Reactions: shaneb50
I think you should check further since you are in the UK.

Is the one you ordered the SM-T290 version? It may have changed but there may be two models of the Galaxy Tab A. The one for North America market is the model SM-T290 and it works with the fly app, the European model earlier this year did not work. I believe it has to do with some processors not having an ARM8 (ARM64) processor.

Here's some info from another thread.

Reactions: tjpearson
Yes so I believe, the UK drives me spare with all hardware having different spec to other countries, just gonna cross my fingers because I believe hit and miss on what CPU you get. If it doesn't work I'll just give up using a tablet and carry on using my Samsung A12 phone.

Yes EyesWideShut, it is the SM-T290 model but here in the UK we often get short changed with inferior model specs of all sorts of hardware.

I'm expecting it Wednesday so will be sure to update this post if successful with Fly app as a help to others.

Reactions: Yogi053
i did some searches and does not have compass sensor, but could work however, the qeostion is...how will show the correct orieentation of the drone from you...that is what i want to know

Reactions: tjpearson
i did some searches and does not have compass sensor, but could work however, the qeostion is...how will show the correct orieentation of the drone from you...that is what i want to know
I dont think it will but because I'm only at the learning stages I always keep it in sight. Bigger screen will help and my phone has compass sensor so can always use that when get more proficient. It's a nightmare finding a tablet that is Fly compatible, a model that's ok in US may not be from UK.

Reactions: WooZie
Bit of an update for others, I could not install DJI Fly from app store on Samsung Galaxy Tab A t290 but could if downloaded apk from DJI, I dont have compass but everything alse seems ok, ordered a tablet adapter so looking forward to trying out then. Thanks everyone for all the replies, Happy New Year.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Bit of an update for others, I could not install DJI Fly from app store on Samsung Galaxy Tab A t290 but could if downloaded apk from DJI, I dont have compass but everything alse seems ok, ordered a tablet adapter so looking forward to trying out then. Thanks everyone for all the replies, Happy New Year.
Just commenting here..My old Parrot Power Editions work with Samsung Note 4 but obviously not with the MM (MM needs 6 or better) I purchased a Omidigi android 9 new in box off ebay for 70usd and it works great. Glad you found something that'll work for you.

Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22