DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

I agree - it is a terrific display. I'm truly bummed out that I did something to the C port. I wrote to Leagoo with my dilemma and they never responded as I contemplated a repair. I can still use it as a phone and may sign up with Tracfone as it will still charge. I did a comparison of all of my phones (too many) and everything except the Leagoo was a little jerky or delayed. The Leagoo T10 video was really smooth and in real time with absolutely no lag at all. A big disappointment not having it. I hope the x626 works as well.
Phoebe. I have been reading thru this thread and was interested in the Leagoo T10. Sorry to hear it's no longer available and that you started having problems. I have a question as I am not real techy. I want a dedicated device to fly my Mavic Pro. Do I need a phone or data plan and a sim card? I just want a device that doesn't cost me a ton of money each plan for a data or phone plan.

Phoebe. I have been reading thru this thread and was interested in the Leagoo T10. Sorry to hear it's no longer available and that you started having problems. I have a question as I am not real techy. I want a dedicated device to fly my Mavic Pro. Do I need a phone or data plan and a sim card? I just want a device that doesn't cost me a ton of money each plan for a data or phone plan.

All you need is the phone - no sim cards or phone plan as the point is to have a dedicate phone for flying with no service to interfere with it. And with no service there is no concern with the report above by jcollins. An alternative to the Leagoo T10 is the LeEco LeTV Le S3 X626 which can be found on gearbest, banggood, aliexpress, tomtop, or other similar sites.

You won't need a data plan, you don't need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network either. As for a SIM card in the phone, you won't need that either, as long as there is memory in the phone if you need to cache maps.

You won't need a data plan, you don't need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network either. As for a SIM card in the phone, you won't need that either, as long as there is memory in the phone if you need to cache maps.
Correction - Occasionally a wifi connection is needed to download DJI software updates.

If the task is so simple perhaps you could share with us JUST ONE that you have tried that has proven to work with DJI equipment. Up until this post I wasn't aware of a single one in this price range that has worked and most of the time this Leagoo T10 phone sells for $225+. I tried some android phones (Xiaomi, Oukitel, Lenovo & Huawei with a similar configuration) that didn't work. I've looked for other posts for DJI compatible phones and couldn't find a single one in this range. Where there are many Chinese android phones in this lower price range I'm not aware of single other one that has a proven track record with DJI. And most reviews sites state a genuine issue with android phones in general and some feel that DJI leans toward the Apple phones with their drones. The list of current DJI compatible android phones posted are all very expensive costing several hundred dollars - way above the $134.

So if you have one - JUST ONE the task being so very simple and all - do us all a big favor and share it with us - don't just state it's an easy task when it truly isn't - simply name one. I know as I spent a lot of time and money evaluating many inexpensive Chinese android phones and they are not as DJI compatible as are most of the expensive Apple phones.
If you go through some old posts you will see that the "Wunderphone" was one of the best to work well with the Mavic Pro and it was bright and was only $49 there for a while until they upped the price but even then it was only around $69.

All you need is the phone - no sim cards or phone plan as the point is to have a dedicate phone for flying with no service to interfere with it. And with no service there is no concern with the report above by jcollins. An alternative to the Leagoo T10 is the LeEco LeTV Le S3 X626 which can be found on gearbest, banggood, aliexpress, tomtop, or other similar sites.

Here is the lowest priced LeEco x626 I could find. I paid $99 for mine last year. I use the Leagoo T10 with the Mavic Air, and The LeEco x626 with the Mavic Pro and a Leagoo M8 with a Phantom 3 Advanced. The M8 is OK with occasional freezing but still usable.Some review review sites hype the LeEco x626 as having many premium features. --> LeEco Le S3 X626 4G Phablet - $127.81 Free Shipping|GearBest.com

Last edited:
Correction - Occasionally a wifi connection is needed to download DJI software updates.
Understand what you are saying here, however, he asked specifically about flying his drone, and for flying you do not need a wif-fi connection, that is why I said he did not need one. Also with the Android, it seems the old software version was the most stable and problem free when using Android phones, so I would anticipate him not wanting to update his DJI software.

Understand what you are saying here, however, he asked specifically about flying his drone, and for flying you do not need a wif-fi connection, that is why I said he did not need one. Also with the Android, it seems the old software version was the most stable and problem free when using Android phones, so I would anticipate him not wanting to update his DJI software.

There has been a lot of plus and minuses on newer DJI updates and for myself I guess I'd want to stay current to the latest version. But I understand where you're coming from.

There has been a lot of plus and minuses on newer DJI updates and for myself I guess I'd want to stay current to the latest version. But I understand where you're coming from.
You joined here a few days prior to me back in 2017, I see. I set up my Mavic Pro about 3 days prior to that and it has never given me any problems in all that time. I decided that if it is not broken, I will not try to fix it and as I hear more and more problems as people updated their software, I chose back then, not to change a thing.

Therefore, I keep the version I downloaded way back then and since it still does everything I currently need, I see no need to update at the present time and I am using an iPhone. I did buy the "Wunderphone" when it was on sale at $49. but have not tried to use it up to now, although I am dying to try it out for its bright screen, compared to my iPhone 6, when flying in bright sun conditions.

I am not the type that needs to have everything the latest and greatest. If something is working and I don't feel a need for some new added features something might have in an upgraded version, I just leave well enough alone, whether it be a drone or a phone or a computer or a camera.

Spec wise I regret I have to strongly disagree with this statement. You’re getting ONLY what you’re paying for and it’s not all that WUNDERFUL with the Huwaei compared to the Leagoo and Le Eco.

(1) The Leagoo Media Tek Helio Processor is in the top 1%, the LeEco SnapDragon 652 is in the top 35% and the Huwaei SnapDragon is in the top 48%.

(2) The Huwaei horsepower is only 1.4Ghz compared to 2.0Ghz and 2,3Ghz in the others. Two phones I had with the less than 2.0Ghz couldn’t move the video (i.e. lagging) as well as those with 2.0GHz or more.

(3) The Huwaei has only 2GB RAM compared to 4GB in the Leagoo & Le Eco. Coupled with the horsepower I believe it contributed to the lagging as the phone even with most all apps removed uses about 1.0 RAM or more leaving less than 1.0 RAM left.

(4) The Huwaei has only 16GB ROM compared to 32 with the Leagoo & Le Eco

(5) The screen on the Huwaei is only 5.5” compared to 5.7” on the Leagoo.

(6) The Screen Resolution on the Huwaei pales in comparison to the other two (720 x 1080 vs. 1920 x 1080.). A major factor for fine display detail when flying with a smartphone or iPhone.

(7) The camera resolution on the Huwaei is only 4032 x 3024 compared to 4608 x 3456 on the Le Eco and 4160 x 3120 on the Leagoo.

(8) The camera mega pixel is only 12.19 on the Huwaei compared to 15.93 on the Le Eco and 12.98 on the Leagoo.

(9) The video resolution on the Huwaei is only 1920 x 10 80 compared to 3840 x 2160 on the Leagoo & Le Eco.

(10) The Video Mega Pixel on the Huwaei is a pale 2.07 compared to 8.29 on the Leagoo and Le Eco.

Well if one is purchasing this phone only as a phone to fly with, your numbers 7, 8, 9 and 10 are basically irrelevant because they are not really interested in using it as a camera. Even your number 5 could be removed because the 0.2 inch difference in size, is in reality, negligible. Admittedly, the screen resolution is an important feature, so I shall accept that, but you have not shown us the two screens brightness in NITS, to compare these two phones. That would be interesting to see.

With that said, the message said that the Wunderphone was the best when taking into account its cost and it's features and function. You can not fairly compare another phone that cost more than 200% more, and state that it is better model, when the poster was talking about price and features.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_