DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

Yeah, you do have a point. Before I received my leeco, I actually did contemplate getting the Huawei especially since it was only 49bucks... And the leeco was still making its way (most likely crawling) from China.
I compared the specs and could not see anywhere the Huawei had an advantage over the leeco. The leeco costs a 100 bucks, whilst the Huawei is 69/89 at the moment.
Somewhat glad I didn't take the plung as this leeco is nothing short of amazing for what you get

It also happens to be a head turner as well and gets a lot of attention from the ladies (*cough cough)... A lot more than my daily driver which is a Galaxy S7 and over 5 times the price

If I want to be greedy, I could buy a bunch of these phones and easily sell at double the price... It looks that premium

Anyway, this is all besides the point! Thing is if you an get a dedicated device for 100bucks or less, you have yourself a steal...
I almost bought a mini4 for 300bucks out of frustration!! after buying a used 16gb mini2 for 180bucks that lags as hell...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Anyone know how long it takes to ship from gearbest? Ill be going to the Philippines in 2 weeks and rather have a dedicated phone for the mavic opposed to my iPhone8+ that keeps crashing with the new update.

I installed connects and no erroneous connections so far

Can You Trust Cheap Chinese Phones with Your Privacy?

"In late July, Russian antivirus firm Dr.Web reported that models sold under the Leagoo and Nomu names had a malicious program built right into the firmware."

"The upshot is this: You should really think twice before buying an Android phone from an unfamiliar manufacturer. Be wary of any smartphone that costs less than $100 unlocked. If a smartphone doesn't cost much, and doesn't make you watch ads, then you have to wonder how else the company makes money."

"some Chinese brands, such as Xiaomi, OnePlus and Huawei, have good reputations"

And many many other articles about this:

https://www.google.com/search?num=5....2.835...33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1.0.CnP2k9ypGCo

Reactions: masic
Doesn't mention LeEco tho which is the phone most of this thread is about since the leego is discontinued

I still have the connects app installed and nothing out of place so far

Doesn't mention LeEco tho which is the phone most of this thread is about since the leego is discontinued

That it doesn't mention leeco doesn't mean it's secure. The article wouldn't provide full list of phones, as well as it cannot read the future and mention phones that appeared after that security firm's tests in July and publication in August. Most likely, leeco = leagoo under a different name; as I said, these Chinese companies seem to appear/disappear as fast as mushrooms after rain, but they're the same gang. This is the very thing that makes them invulnerable to lawsuits.

I still have the connects app installed and nothing out of place so far

Just like any virus, it won't make itself visible. Remember, this is not stock Android and they can implement their own TCP/IP stack to make their connections invisible.

"But have you heard of Leagoo? Doogee? Oukitel? Homtom? Most people have not. These makers are among dozens of brands whose Android phones retail online for less than $100.

I wouldn't trust phones made by any of these companies — for all I know, they could be sending my personal information back to a server in China, or contain glaring security flaws that could let an attacker easily hijack the phone or add malware."

"Until last December, BLU phones also sent truly personal information — users' text messages, contact lists and call logs — to Chinese servers."

"You may have heard of BLU, which is an American firm based in Miami that sells nice-looking phones for prices ranging from $50 to $170. We've reviewed a couple of its phones and liked them. But most of BLU's phones are actually rebadged versions of phones made by Gionee, which is one of the bigger Chinese device makers you've never heard of."

"There have been too many cheap 'never-heard-of-them' brands online found to be harboring malware," Cluley said.

"But if you don't want to worry about your phone's security, or your privacy, then stick to the better-known brands."

Huawei/Wunderphone, for example. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll stick with my LeEco tho... I'm def not worried about them... It's a Mavic only phone so "they" can steal whatever info they want from it! Lol

Huawei is actually still a pretty unknown brand. Yes it's become one of the "big" Chinese phone manufacturers now but it's still pretty unknown. Definitely not as well known as say Tecno or Infinix who I believe are now the biggest "relatively cheap android phone manufacturers" from China.

So just as Huawei wasn't known a few years ago within the phone space, same can be said for any other new brand like leeco.

You don't even want to know the info Google and Apple have collected about you... Why should they be trusted more than the next brand? And don't say fear of lawsuit... It's waay easier to sue a company like LeEco than say Google.

Besides, what's with the brand snubbery? I thought the whole premise was there's no need to give Apple or Samsung loads of money when there are cheaper devices that can serve the same purpose for about a 10th of the price.

Even tho I've been extremely impressed with the build quality and "Mavic screen" performance of the LeEco X626, I'm in no way loyal to them... I was just looking for a device to replace my mini2 as a dedicated flying device after I got increasingly frustrated with the lagging on the iPad.

The way you aggressively market/sell this Huawei phone whilst discounting others, someone would think you've got some kind of financial incentive on how many of those phones get sold. #justsaying

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
They both apparently work very well. I can only speak to the Leagoo T10 which is a highly configured phone higher specs than the Huwaei. But again - they both do work. I'm not sure you can get the Leagoo T10 any more as it's kind of dropped off the radar. But I can tell it is a very nice display panel with a very bright and crisp images. If not available, The LeEco Le S3 X626 has a similar configuration to the Leagoo T10 and should work just as well. But I'd wait until it has a better price if you elect to try it out.

LeEco Le S3 X626 4G Phablet International Version -$159.93 Online Shopping| GearBest.com
leeco le s3 x626 - Buy Cheap leeco le s3 x626 - From Banggood
LETV LeEco Le S3 X626 4G Smartphone 5.5 inches 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Sales Online Array Array - Tomtop

Reactions: Bradd1146
I use the x626 and use video cashe and it runs smoothly
It has a brighter screen and better colour than my Sony XZ

Only issue I have had is that you can get video lag with wifi turned on, as long as you turn wifi off its fine

I use the x626 and use video cashe and it runs smoothly
It has a brighter screen and better colour than my Sony XZ

Only issue I have had is that you can get video lag with wifi turned on, as long as you turn wifi off its fine

The reviews were hard on the Le Eco x626 battery life. Can't find any Leagoo T10's. How did you find the battery life for general flying? My iPhone 6s wears down very fast.

The reviews were hard on the Le Eco x626 battery life. Can't find any Leagoo T10's. How did you find the battery life for general flying? My iPhone 6s wears down very fast.

I'm curious too as the Leagoo battery is fantastic and hardly shows any loss of power after multiple flights.

I got myself the Meiigoo S8. 8 cores, 4GB, 64GB, 6,1 inch infinity screen, dual sim. Comes with a sleek transparant protective silicone case. I am very satisfied with it. Runs even better than my stolen Samsung S7, which it replaced.
Paid 135 Euro at Banggood.com including priority airmail and shipping insurance. Battery is not so big but it lasts a full work day and night. And the mavic RC seems to charge it fine.
Go4 runs like a charm and the 64GB gives a lot of room for caching. Bright screen, great for outside.
The android 7.0 on it is practically standard by the way.

Reactions: sniperfire
Wow, nice screen resolution configuration. Any video lag?
Not that I noticed so far. The cache is so big (I set it to 7GB) that it will not lag. The processor and GPU are powerful enough and handle full HD as you would expect.

I'm surprised by bad reviews of the battery life, mine is really good, RC charges phone whilst flying so stays at 100%
I've left it in my bag powered on for 2 weeks and it was still powered and had over 20% left

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga