DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

Not that I noticed so far. The cache is so big (I set it to 7GB) that it will not lag. The processor and GPU are powerful enough and handle full HD as you would expect.[/QUOTE
I'm surprised by bad reviews of the battery life, mine is really good, RC charges phone whilst flying so stays at 100%
I've left it in my bag powered on for 2 weeks and it was still powered and had over 20% left

That's good to know. Perhaps, I'll give it a try if I can find it reasonably priced.

Decided to try the Le Eco x626. Where I really like the Leagoo T10 with it's superb battery life, bright screen, and no video lag, it appears I damaged the type C charge and connection port and it won't connect any more to the Mavic. When it does it's loose, not firm and a risk. What a bummer as it was a superb display phone and it seems to have disappeared from the market as no one has it. Got the x626 for $99 and it appears to have the same T10 configuration with just a slightly smaller screen (5.7 vs. 5.5). Have the Leagoo M8, it works, useful in a pinch with a big 5.7 screen, but the video lags a little and that was why I got the T10. The Apple iphone 6s is better then the M8, not as good as the T10, but has a small screen and neither phone came anywhere close to the T10. To move the video You need an octa or deca core cpu and more Ghz over 2.0 from my experience. Quad core phones with 1.5 Ghz just don't cut it. And even the highly publicized $49 Wunderphone was on par with the $60 Leagoo M8 Pro in performance and didn't impress me.

Reactions: krnlueck
Pheobe it was your tip back in the day that got me to look at the LE..
I was having many problems with my Tab A (2016) that I bought an LE 3 x626, man, its wicked!!!!
No bloatware, nothing!!!
Loaded up all the latest Go4 crapp, and it seems to work great!
(I must admit though, the claimed 21 mp camera is a bit of a joke,,,,,,)
More news as I get more flight time!

Pheobe it was your tip back in the day that got me to look at the LE..
I was having many problems with my Tab A (2016) that I bought an LE 3 x626, man, its wicked!!!!
No bloatware, nothing!!!
Loaded up all the latest Go4 crapp, and it seems to work great!
(I must admit though, the claimed 21 mp camera is a bit of a joke,,,,,,)
More news as I get more flight time!

I agree - it is a terrific display. I'm truly bummed out that I did something to the C port. I wrote to Leagoo with my dilemma and they never responded as I contemplated a repair. I can still use it as a phone and may sign up with Tracfone as it will still charge. I did a comparison of all of my phones (too many) and everything except the Leagoo was a little jerky or delayed. The Leagoo T10 video was really smooth and in real time with absolutely no lag at all. A big disappointment not having it. I hope the x626 works as well.

I use the x626 and use video cashe and it runs smoothly
It has a brighter screen and better colour than my Sony XZ

Only issue I have had is that you can get video lag with wifi turned on, as long as you turn wifi off its fine

Gut the x626 today and it works very well. The video, like the Leagoo T10, is very smooth, much better than the iphone 6s and Leagoo M8 Pro. But the Leagoo M8 did work in a pinch yesterday when the iphone battery went dead. I think the answer for very smooth Mavic Pro video is an octa or deca core CPU phone with more than 2.0 Ghz.

Gut the x626 today and it works very well. The video, like the Leagoo T10, is very smooth, much better than the iphone 6s and Leagoo M8 Pro. But the Leagoo M8 did work in a pinch yesterday when the iphone battery went dead. I think the answer for very smooth Mavic Pro video is an octa or deca core CPU phone with more than 2.0 Ghz.
The Le Eco works fine and will serve me well. But the Leagoo T10 & M8 will be missed. One perfect feature that I have to hand it to Leagoo is that the rear cover for the battery very easily flips off with your thumb nail on the M8 Pro. The battery has no wires and just pops out. The T10 is more invovled.

In contrast the Le Eco S3 and even the Apple iphone 6s are a royal pain to replace. They are not easy at all having to unclip wire clamps. And worse Apple will not service any iPhone that you replaced with a generic battery. That happened to me with an iPhone 5. So I have to hand it to Leagoo but cannot find another one of their phones on par with the T10. And the T10 has dropped of the grid for reasons I don't understand. It got high really marks compared to other well known brands. The only place it's available is AliExpress for about $200 and that's too much.

However, despite all of this, I have a great display phone for my Mavic. And it moves video flawlessly with absolutely zero lag.

Last edited:
You have some difficulties to understand "DJI compatible" issue. ...The task is really simple - the app should start and not crash (at least often). This is all you need to take good stills or video. ...
Peace!

No. I have a BLU phone that I bought without knowing the requirements it had to meet. Also, the manufacturer did not help, not offering details about what it could do and not do. The app starts and does not often crash. But the video to the display is anywhere from slow to completely unusable. And that at minimum resolution.

The Le Eco works fine and will serve me well. But the Leagoo T10 & M8 will be missed. One perfect feature that I have to hand it to Leagoo on is that the rear cover for the battery very easily flips off with your thumb nail.The battery has no wires and just pops out.

In contrast the Le Eco S3 and even the Apple iphone 6s are a royal pain to replace. They are not easy at all having to unclip wire clamps. And worse Apple will not service any iPhone that you replaced with a generic battery. That happened to me with an iPhone 5. So I have to hand it to Leagoo but cannot find another one of their phones on par with the T10. And the T10 has dropped of the grid for reasons I don't understand. It got high really marks compared to other well known brands. The only place it's available is AliExpress for about $200 and that's too much.

However, despite all of this, I have a great display phone for my Mavic. And it moves video flawlessly with absolutely zero lag.

I liked the Leagoo T10 so much I decided even after getting the Le Eco S3 x626 (which works just fine) to send it back to Leagoo in China for repair. Their shipping requirements from the US cost me $63 US dollars to ship it so I hope they repair it under warranty. It's hard to get a commitment from them as to whether they will charge me. The Leagoo T10 phone itself works great, as a matter of fact it's simply a terrific display phone, but I damaged the Type C port and it doesn't recognize the Mavic Pro any more. I think I'm going to use a usb connection next time as opposed to the micro usb type C wire on the controller. Perhaps, I didn't line it up and damaged it. I don't think that will happen again using a usb cable from the bottom of the controller with a right angle Type C connector to the phone.

You can get a used galaxy s6 or lg g5 off ebay for around $120. Much better hardware and software as they were flagship devices when released. Who knows about how long these chinese knock-offs will last.

You can get a used galaxy s6 or lg g5 off ebay for around $120. Much better hardware and software as they were flagship devices when released. Who knows about how long these chinese knock-offs will last.
i have the S6 and not thrilled with it. It's too small and the battery life sucks. That was why I got the Leagoo in the first place. And the lg g5 is only 5.3 inches and has a quad core cpu. I've had 4 quad phones that couldn't move video as well as the octa or deca core cpu's. Video would freeze up. And lg g5 only has 1.6Ghz and my minimum to prevent freezing is 2.0Ghz. The Leagoo T10 was remarkable and the flagship phone from Leagoo. The T10 with the incredible MediaTek Helio X20 (MT6797) was terrific. The lg g5 spec wise pales in comparison all around and is pricey for the comparatively low specs it has. The Le Eco S3 X626 for $105 from geekbuying is a better substitute and works as well as the Leagoo T10 although it's lacking some of the better features of the T10. But the configs compare well with the Leagoo. Lastly, $63 is worth it to get the Leagoo T10 back. It's dropped off the grid and now can only be founnd on Aliexpress for well over $200. But again, the Le Eco S3 x626 is the better #2 substitute. And remember the drone on this forum is Chinese as well so that is not a reason to by pass it. To the contrary, for $134 I originally paid for it, it was better then big name phones to use as a dedicated display phone. As to "knock offs" in reverse what about the Lily, Karma and The 3d Robotics Solo - all failed products trying to knock off DJI.

Last edited:
If the task is so simple perhaps you could share with us JUST ONE that you have tried that has proven to work with DJI equipment. Up until this post I wasn't aware of a single one in this price range that has worked and most of the time this Leagoo T10 phone sells for $225+. I tried some android phones (Xiaomi, Oukitel, Lenovo & Huawei with a similar configuration) that didn't work. I've looked for other posts for DJI compatible phones and couldn't find a single one in this range. Where there are many Chinese android phones in this lower price range I'm not aware of single other one that has a proven track record with DJI. And most reviews sites state a genuine issue with android phones in general and some feel that DJI leans toward the Apple phones with their drones. The list of current DJI compatible android phones posted are all very expensive costing several hundred dollars - way above the $134.

So if you have one - JUST ONE the task being so very simple and all - do us all a big favor and share it with us - don't just state it's an easy task when it truly isn't - simply name one. I know as I spent a lot of time and money evaluating many inexpensive Chinese android phones and they are not as DJI compatible as are most of the expensive Apple phones.

Hmmm.. What about the WUNDERPHONE, there has been a ton of posts on that phone and at the sale price of $49 it seemed a no brainer. Even at the current slightly higher price, it is well below the $100 plus price you are speaking of. What is your take on this phone, since you say none of the lower priced Androids seem to work well.

Hmmm.. What about the WUNDERPHONE, there has been a ton of posts on that phone and at the sale price of $49 it seemed a no brainer. Even at the current slightly higher price, it is well below the $100 plus price you are speaking of. What is your take on this phone, since you say none of the lower priced Androids seem to work well.
The comparisons for primary specifications (and certainly not all) are: i.e.
Huawei vs Leagoo:
Octa Core vs. Deca Core (i.e the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 vs Media Tek Helio X20 MT6797), 1.4Ghz vs. 2.0Ghz, 5.5" vs 5.7", 2GB Ram vs. 4GB, 720 x 1080 vs 1080 x 1920 pixels. Micro USB vs Type C, etc. And despite the reviews and comments I experienced video lag with the Huawei. Truly, the Leagoo T10 and the Le Eco have it over the Huawei for primary specs that are of the most importance. The Type C port alone, like Apple, is reversable compared to those awful micro usb cords that insert only one way.

So in my opinion, and your welcome to disagree, the specs are so much better in the Leagoo and Le Eco phones rendering a substantial value worth the slightly extra price. But the price is comparable to your recommendation as Geekbuying still has the Le Eco S3 x626, an acceptable alternative to the T10, for only $105 and I got mine in 7 days.

i have the S6 and not thrilled with it. It's too small and the battery life sucks.
If you want a big phone, you can get the S6 edge plus.

You complained about the LG g5 performance. It has a better processor than the leagoo. Just because a phone has 10 cores doesn't mean it is fast. I looked up the performance benchmarks on the leagoo and it only provides 3/4 as much processing power as the G5 or S6. The cameras on the G5 and S6 are going to be infinitely better than the leagoo, due to the fact that they are 4K and have OIS. They displays will also be much better (2K resolution rather than 1080p) and probably much brighter. I would stay away form these strange unheard-of companies like leagoo. The phone will probably die in less than a year.

Not sure where you're looking but the reviews of these specific CPU's do not support your claim that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 outperforms the Media Tek Helio X20 MT6797. Couldn't find a single review to support that. Each company has various processors that beat the other but specific to these two I'm not seeing it anywhere. From my experience quad core processors do move the video as smoothly as octa or deca core processors. I've tried them a bunch of them and that was reason for my post. Your welcome to your opinion but I posted this as one who has used the Leagoo T10 and the Le Eco S3 x6262. They both move DJI Mavic Pro video flawlessly with no freezing. The screens are super bright and I used both today on the Mavic Air. Four quad core phone I used had video freeze. The intent of this post was to identify an inexpensive dedicated display phone with above average phone specs for the Mavic Pro. If it's inexpensive it probably is an off-brand name. But Leagoo was the first company to utilize the newer Deca Core CPU. So maybe you are not familiar with them but I certainly was when I read in late 2016 they were introducing the phone in 2017.

"Final verdict of Snapdragon vs MediaTek

Well at the end I would like to say that each processor has its own plus points. So if you are going for a Smartphone under Rs. 15k then MediaTek processors offers excellent value money, and if you are getting a smartphone in price range higher than 15k then Snapdragon processors are the ones to choose as they offer excellent performance and features. But now MediaTek has also started manufacturing high-end processors like MT6752, MT6595 which offers similar or sometimes better performance than equivalent Snapdragon counterparts. So they are giving a tough competition to the Snapdragon processors."

MediaTek Helio X20 vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 MSM8992 | Mobile chipset comparison
Snapdragon vs MediaTek | Which one is better?
https://www.quora.com/Which-one-is-more-Powerful-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-430-or-MediaTek-helio-p10
Comparison of LeEco Le S3 Helio X20 and Huawei Ascend XT2 - DroidChart.com

I agree, the Leagoo T10 Smartphone is super fast, super bright, with better than average specs at a very reasonable price. I read this post and got one under the wire (before they were sold out) and it's terrific. Mine is still going strong. Best one I've used with my Mavic Pro. And absolutely no video freeze. I experienced that with the Huawei Ascend XT2 and was disappointed with it.

Not sure where you're looking but the reviews of these specific CPU's do not support your claim that the Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 MSM8940 outperforms the Media Tek Helio X20 MT6797. Couldn't find a single review to support that.
The G5 has a Snapdagon 820 quad core at 2.15 GHZ. The Galaxy s6 has an Exynos 7420 octa-core at 2.1 GHZ.

The G5 has a Snapdagon 820 quad core at 2.15 GHZ. The Galaxy s6 has an Exynos 7420 octa-core at 2.1 GHZ.
OK, I stand corrected. I was still looking at the specs I compared of the Huawei. With those specs the LG should be a stellar performer as you said. My point to all of this is that these higher smartphones configurations tend to run smoother video streaming without any video lag. And given these corrected configs - you are right - I'm eating my dish of crow.

Why are we still talking about the leagoo when we can't get it any more. Makes me want one ,so I ordered the LeEco

I did a quick flight the other day, simply up, 5 shot AEB in two directions, and down.... Shoot the LE3 was warm!!!
Yup, hot day, but wow.... I've never noticed that before!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1