DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

DJI compatible as are most of the expensive Apple phones.
You have some difficulties to understand "DJI compatible" issue. ;) Expensiveness or Appleness doesn't make it compatible. It's not even about which phone DJI has tested to work with their app. It's about whether they will help you or not when you contact their support. They will ask about your phone and if it is not on their list, the answer will be simple - please, use compatible phone. The task is really simple - the app should start and not crash (at least often). This is all you need to take good stills or video. I use different phones for different tasks. I use Xiaomi for Mavic. $100-$150 options are:
OUKITEL U16 Max 4G Phablet
Cubot Max 4G Phablet
Well, even ASUS ZenFone 2 you can get for $150

I don't update DJI app. I keep stable 4.0.7 version and corresponding FW inside my Mavic. ...stable for my phone, yet without DJI's "control". The use of older app releases is something that Apple users can not please themselves (with some rare exceptions).

Peace!

You have some difficulties to understand "DJI compatible" issue. ;) Expensiveness or Appleness doesn't make it compatible. It's not even about which phone DJI has tested to work with their app. It's about whether they will help you or not when you contact their support. They will ask about your phone and if it is not on their list, the answer will be simple - please, use compatible phone. The task is really simple - the app should start and not crash (at least often). This is all you need to take good stills or video. I use different phones for different tasks. I use Xiaomi for Mavic. $100-$150 options are:
OUKITEL U16 Max 4G Phablet
Cubot Max 4G Phablet
Well, even ASUS ZenFone 2 you can get for $150

I don't update DJI app. I keep stable 4.0.7 version and corresponding FW inside my Mavic. ...stable for my phone, yet without DJI's "control". The use of older app releases is something that Apple users can not please themselves (with some rare exceptions).

Peace!
You are not citing specific android phones that have been proven to work just like this Leagoo T10 but merely possible inexpensive android phone configurations be they the Oukitel, Cubot & Asus. To the contrary we tested the Oukitel U16 with only 1.3 GHz and the Cubot Max also with 1.3 GHz and neither worked. Like the Leagoo M8 Pro discussed above the video would freeze up. Neither phone could process the video being streamed in fast enough. If you use the Xiaomi with your Mavic Pro be specific with a model and we'll put it to the test. But to state that it's an easy task is misleading because it isn't. Many of the inexpensive Chinese phones are not compatible with DJI or do not have the "horsepower" (as mentioned above) to process the video streaming in. If the phones you cited above worked there would be numerous post by users and I have not seen one.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclonite
Just ordered the Leagoo, worth a punt. Got for £134 delivered and insured.
My Galaxy S4 is not great, so much lag and app crashes.

Last edited:
Just ordered the Leagoo, worth a punt. Got for £134 delivered and insured.
My Galaxy S4 is not great abd may have an S6 soon.
I had the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, a terrific tablet I might add, and that also did not work smoothly with the Mavic despite it's initial expense.

The task is really simple - the app should start and not crash (at least often). This is all you need to take good stills or video
I wish I could agree but it takes more than a working app.The app worked fine on the Leagoo M8 Pro and I never had an issue with it. But as I stated it just didn't seem to have the power to stream the video. That was the only issue - everything else worked fine.

..... as more and more better spec devices are built.

On that I can agree. This Leagoo T10 is a very good example of newer and improved phone configurations. The T10 was introduced last November and it took awhile for the price to drop below $200.

On that I can agree. This Leagoo T10 is a very good example of newer and improved phone configurations. The T10 was introduced last November and it took awhile for the price to drop below $200.
From my experience, I think a newer android phone having an octacore CPU (or decacore like this) at 2.0Ghz would probably work as well as this one.

In theory any Android smartphone/tablet with an antutu score of around 80,000 or more will run the DJI Go App smoothly, but not all Android devices play nicely with the DJI Go App, so it can be a bit of a gamble. checkout Kimovil website for a good place to find a tablet or smartphone - they list the antutu scores. Cheap smartphone price comparison

Actually, one comes with the Mavic Pro. I had forgotten in that I never had a use for the Type C Connector and found one in my bundle. But the links for a Mavic Pro Controller RC Cable are here:
DJI - Buy Mavic - RC Cable (Reverse Micro USB connector) Select Connector Type C $18 shipped (and they make you sign for it via Fedex (a real pain )
EBay - DJI Mavic Part 5 - RC Cable(Type-C Connector) - OEM - US dealer | eBay $11 shipped. Same one as the DJI so buy it here or a similar listing.

My experience is that the cables can go south very easily the way the continually flex so it pays to have a spare. I've gone through a couple of Apple Lightning Cables. I have an extra RC cable as well as the Type C USB cable that came with the Leagoo T10.

Last edited:
134$ for a dedicated device is a bargain! nice to know... great price and phone specs look more than enough to cope with live feed frame rate. Did you try caching video and audio on the device at the same time? what about temperatures on the 10core cpu?

Off topic: dont let others get you down. IMHO Forums are like small communities. Dont expect everyone to be polite. ;)

I turned it off thinking back to the phone lag I experienced with the first Leagoo M8 Pro smartphone. But I would think it would work just fine. The videos consume a lot of memory very quickly and I just didn't want to chance it. But it would be great to view the videos on the quick before transferring everything to my dedicated hard drive (which is also filling up fast) so I'll have to put it to the test. As to the temperature I just haven't noticed anything with it and have flown quite a bit going through all three batteries at one time. I May not be the most experienced flyer but have attained a growth value of 1,400,00 score and level 32 on the DJI's flight score and pilot level. That equates to almost 1TB of saved videos - of the ones that were saved.

The Leagoo T10 at almost 6 inches is ideal in my mind with it's very sharp screen. It fits into the side pockets of the mavic pro bundle case and is always ready to go. I just grab the bag knowing I have it all. With the larger 8 inch tablets it means carrying something else and working with a controller fit that i just didn't like. So in summary, I'm quite pleased with the T10.

As to the naysayers, I was really quite excited getting away with a finding a dedicated & workable phone for only $134 and was most anxious to post my experience. I didn't expect to see that coming and was caught off guard. But I found this also on Slickdeals.com when I posted a Chinese Surface Pro Clone Tablet/PC that I thought was terrific for half the price. I really got beat up there as well and have learned to just go with the flow.

Last edited:
Why are so many people attacking the OP? He's tested a device that no one else has, it works and he's given a detailed review on it. If it doesn't interest you then leave the thread but don't attack the guy!!
Thanks for the info phoebeSnow, I'm looking for a dedicated screen for my mavic as the battery on my 6s+ gets eaten alive using it. I've had 0 issues with iOS but an iPad mini 4 is just too expensive for what I'm gonna use it for. Just researching other options so thanks again

I did the same thing.
Shopped around for chinese android to make dedicated.

I have been using a Umi Emax 5.5" that has great video power and 2 Gb RAM since November without one single problem.
Recently i was looking for a tablet with HDMI out to FPV the Mavic and took a stab at the iwork8 with the new 14nm Intel Cherry Trail quadcore cpu and also 2Gb RAM. This unit has twice the performance in antutu as the Umi Max.
With the little testing i have done so far all is good and it is fit for purpose with its HD IPS 1080 screen for about US$100.

Dont worry about the naysayers, we know whats going on :D
GPS?

Main Features Leagoo T10:
Display:
5.7 inch 1920 x 1080 screen
CPU: MTK6797m Deca Core 2.0GHz
System: Android 6.0
Bluetooth: BT4.1
GPS: GPS
Features:
G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Ambient light senor, Compass, Gyroscope
SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby ( 2 Micro SIM )
Network:
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

But now it's been discontinued and is no longer available at Gearbest.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brigadier B