DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

All good things come to an end and so did Gearbest's sale of the Leagoo T10 at $134. Saw a number of phones on sale but nothing to match these specs at that price.

I did the same thing.
Shopped around for chinese android to make dedicated.

I have been using a Umi Emax 5.5" that has great video power and 2 Gb RAM since November without one single problem.
Recently i was looking for a tablet with HDMI out to FPV the Mavic and took a stab at the iwork8 with the new 14nm Intel Cherry Trail quadcore cpu and also 2Gb RAM. This unit has twice the performance in antutu as the Umi Max.
With the little testing i have done so far all is good and it is fit for purpose with its HD IPS 1080 screen for about US$100.

Dont worry about the naysayers, we know whats going on :D
What bracket do you use?

What bracket do you use?

Just got my T10. My first Android device, so I have that learning curve to get over. First impressions - awesome screen size and brightness; snappy performance; Go app seems to work flawlessly; sloooooow charging; lousy speaker but that’s ok, this is a dedicated device.

Just found this on Tomtop for pre-order at $189. Specs look decent - I think?

BLUBOO
Model S1
Color Piano Black/Pearl White (Optional)
Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat
CPU MTK6757 Octa-core / Helio P25 2.5GHz
GPU ARM Mali-T880 MP2 900MHz
RAM 4GB/6GB (Optional)
ROM 64GB
Battery 3500mAh nondetachable lithium-ion polymer battery, 4.4V battery core
Side keys Volume+/Volume-, Power key
Screen
Size 5.5inch
Type Sharp FHD
Color 1600
Resolution 1920*1080P

Reactions: lramdial
Just found this on Tomtop for pre-order at $189. Specs look decent - I think?

BLUBOO
Model S1
Color Piano Black/Pearl White (Optional)
Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat
CPU MTK6757 Octa-core / Helio P25 2.5GHz
GPU ARM Mali-T880 MP2 900MHz
RAM 4GB/6GB (Optional)
ROM 64GB
Battery 3500mAh nondetachable lithium-ion polymer battery, 4.4V battery core
Side keys Volume+/Volume-, Power key
Screen
Size 5.5inch
Type Sharp FHD
Color 1600
Resolution 1920*1080P

Can you share the link please? Thanks

Found it through the app rather than website. Will try to find link and post !

Just got my T10. My first Android device, so I have that learning curve to get over. First impressions - awesome screen size and brightness; snappy performance; Go app seems to work flawlessly; sloooooow charging; lousy speaker but that’s ok, this is a dedicated device.

A quick review after my first few flights with the T10 --
  1. Awesome battery consumption. As I mentioned above, it charges slow as can be. But, after ~60 minutes of flying, the T10 had only drained from 100% charge to 72%. I'll take it. My iPhone 6S (airplane mode, background refresh off) would have been sucking fumes in that time.
  2. It "just fits" with the RC. The size and weight are perfectly balanced for the way I hold the RC. A+.
  3. The screen was great. The size is certainly a welcome step up for me from the 6S. Brightness was fine as well, although I wasn't in direct sunlight. Jury still out on that. The extra screen real estate was just what I needed. I've tried an iPad Mini but found that too big and unwieldy with the RC.
  4. The DJI Go 4 app (the only one I used) worked mostly just fine. Certainly no lag or performance problems. I did get a few radio interference (I forget the exact text) message when the drone was 10' away from me. But rock solid signal and performance at distances up to 1.5 miles or so otherwise. I was out in the sticks, so there was definitely no local source of interference. No performance/stability complaints at all.
  5. A potential problem that I still need to investigate is the radar widget in the Go 4 app. On the T10 the orientation of the "pips" for the drone and the RC simply made no sense at all. They appeared to be random and were therefore useless. This persisted through several reboots of drone, RC and T10. As a test I flew with my 6S and the radar worked flawlessly. Switched back to the T10 and random garbage once again. The T10 is wifi only (no cellular SIM card) and I ran it with both wifi on and in full airplane mode. I need to investigate further as I depend on the radar widget quite a bit.
  6. This is likely my Android ignorance showing, but I couldn't get the T10 to stay in landscape mode. It was constantly flipping around as I would move the RC in my hands. The orientation lock in the settings appears to only allow you to lock in portrait mode - useless when the thing is used with the RC. I have to believe I'm missing something, but I'm stumped as to what it is.
Overall? I'll give it a good, solid B. Leaning towards an A if I can figure out the radar and landscape lock. $135 reasonably well spent so far.

Last edited:
$135 reasonably well spent so far.

And then I dropped $25 on the Litchi app. BTW, long time Litchi on IOS user.

Well, I was frustrated in the hour I tried to use it. So I returned it and got my refund.

Two biggest problems? The camera view simply would not work on the app. Through an hour of screwing around and rebooting drone, RC and phone, never once did I actually see the picture in the app. And, the app easily crashed 75% of the time.

Being new to Android, I don't yet have much ability to troubleshoot, so I said screw it and returned it. I'll stick with the DJO Go 4 and Drone Harmony apps to see how they go. I'd really like Litchi though. I have a ton of missions created.

problem with buying Chinese, at least they warn you with this one, must be unstable as anything trying to use storage and ram that isn't available

Screenshot_20170910-130030.png

Find it strange that all the phones on these websites list flash as read-only

I'm gonna see if alibaba has it. Gearbest says its discontinued. Nothing wrong with Chinese phones. They're all made in china. I'm flying with a nvidia shield and its lagging a lot. Thanks for the tip phoebe. I'm from buffalo. Ignore those other morons. Steve

I'm gonna see if alibaba has it. Gearbest says its discontinued. Nothing wrong with Chinese phones. They're all made in china. I'm flying with a nvidia shield and its lagging a lot. Thanks for the tip phoebe. I'm from buffalo. Ignore those other morons. Steve
Funny thing - I'm currently in Orchard Park visiting friends. Just biked on the Heritage Trail and the Clarence Bike trails. Stopped to have the Mavic Pro follow us on the Heritage Trail but was too close to the Buffalo Airport and couldn't fly.

Biked in MD and PA on rail trails and the drone took terrific video crossing some of the high girder bridges over the rivers. Gives you a perspective you normally cannot sense from the ground. Lost communication just after the photo below and it was really nerve wracking, Fortunately, I took off from a large open area at the end of the bridge and not on the bridge as I was tempted to do as the RTH may have missed the bridge trail being only 5 feet wide and gone into the Allegheny River on the RTH. Although I lost communication the drone was responding to controls and once I got sight of it, having to go out on the bridge to find it, was able to bring it down manually. But the Leagoo T10 worked great and so did the video cache.

Not sure why I lost communication but the lesson is never take off from a "hole" in the trees as you cannot find it to get home (the woods is nothing but "holes") and if you have to use the RTH it may not come down exactly through the open hole. Therefore, take off from open areas with latitude for an RTH that may be a little bit off. And that goes for taking off on the bridge trails too as a loss of communication and RTH may miss the trail going into the brink. In other words fly conservatively.

DJI_0026.JPG

Last edited:
DJI_0042.JPG DJI_0049.JPG
Does this look familiar? Used a whole battery circling this today and going up and down the sides for an elevation perspective. Have always been intrigued by these in Buffalo.DJI_0042.JPG

Last edited:
I've taken a chance on a letv leeco s3 x626, hopefully it will work ok, will let people know in 10 days, it was £90

LeEco Le S3 X626 4G Phablet-$119.99 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

Says £92.66 but when I paid was only £90.32
I would think that given the configuration it should work just fine. But I liked that the Leagoo T10 supports up to a 128gb micro sd card, and i added one, where this LeEco doesn't support external memory. That would be a downer for me but not a deal killer for a display screen for some. Noticed it on Gearbest for $116.00.
Main Features:
Display: 5.5 inch, 1080P 1920 x 1080 pixels
CPU: Helio X20 Deca Core 2.3GHz
System: Android 6.0
Camera: 16.0MP rear camera + 8.0MP front camera
Sensor: Gravity Sensor, Fingerprint Touch Sensor
SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby, dual Nano SIM Cards
Feature:GPS
Bluetooth: 4.2
Network:
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz CDMA EVDO BC0/BC1
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz TD-SCDMA B34/B39
FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7
TD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41

One thing that is strange, is why Gearbest stopped selling it, since it just came out this year.
I live in a populated area, with many houses, wires and trees, so I can't take off in open space.
I abort the return to home when I can see it, and land manually in tripod mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman