DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Twist in the Plot / 10.05.2022 UK | 09:00 (EDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rebel_dji
That's why most probably a Mavic 3 Pro will come later the year ...
Not that this would ease the hassle for the exisiting owners but for DJI to correct their range.

And how much with the Mavic 3 Pro be?

$3000 USD without FlyMore?

And what would it offer?
Waypoints in all flight modes?
Faster GPS Acquistion?

I think introducing a Mavic 3 Pro would be a great way to piss off their consumers.

The Mavic 2 Pro had about 3 year life cycle.
To introduce a Pro model within a year of the 3 would definitely be in bad taste.

Figured it out.

Twist because the camera can flip 90 degrees to vertical shooting.

If this tiny drone has that feature and the Mavic 3 doesn't I will be pissed off. I have always wanted a camera that can flip 90° on a drone. I think the first Mavic had this. No idea why its not more common.

If this tiny drone has that feature and the Mavic 3 doesn't I will be pissed off. I have always wanted a camera that can flip 90° on a drone. I think the first Mavic had this. No idea why its not more common.
You're correct.
The original Mavic Pro had this feature!

Figured it out.

Twist because the camera can flip 90 degrees to vertical shooting.
Trying to figure out for what real purpose is this for,outside of maybe social media
or something like that.For someone that likes to take regular photos,as in stills,worthless.
A vertical flip no,unless I am missing something here.

I think introducing a Mavic 3 Pro would be a great way to piss off their consumers.
They already did so previously (bad bunch of batteries, late firmware updates and lacking functions, SC buyers left out, non European C-labelling, etc.) and people still going to buy their products. Not necessarily the same but others attracted to the hobby.

Trying to figure out for what real purpose is this for,outside of maybe social media
or something like that.For someone that likes to take regular photos,as in stills,worthless.
That's basically it.
Most of the users for the Mini line are social media users.
Now you spend less time trying to figure out the composition and just capture and use a quick editing program, if you desire so.

Reactions: Torque
It was not for social media at all. It was for panoramic landscapes. When a photographer shoots a pano landscape the camera is best turn to an upright or vertical position and then the numerous shots are taken. This gives a larger image with less distortion of the sides of each taken image, compared to doing the same thing with the camera left at its normal (View/landscape) position.

Each overlapped image edge is closer to the previous image in an upright position compared to a landscape/view position, which makes stitching multiple images a lot less work and matches each image to the next a lot better, with minimum to no distortion from one image edge to the next.. It is a very nice feature to have on a drone for a landscape photographer. I miss having that function on my M2Pro which my old original Mavic Pro did have.

Last edited:
It was not for social media at all. It was for panoramic landscapes. When a photographer shoots a pano landscape the camera is best turn to an upright or vertical position and then the numerous shots are taken. This gives a larger image with less distortion of the sides of each taken image, compared to doing the same thing with the camera left at its normal (View/landscape) position.

Each overlapped image edge is closer to the previous image in an upright position compared to a landscape/view position, which makes stitching multiple images a lot less work and matches each image to the next a lot better. It is a very nice feature to have on a drone for a landscape photographer. I miss having that function on my M2Pro which my old original Mavic Pro did have.

Just being able to get a full res vertical photo without having to vertically crop a horizontal photo would be worth it. By cropping vertically you kill about 50% of the photos resolution and you can't print as large. Probably not all that important for some people but for those of us who like to print large and have customers/clients that want large prints it would be really nice to have a camera that can flip.

Reactions: Torque

Each overlapped image edge is closer to the previous image in an upright position compared to a landscape/view position, which makes stitching multiple images a lot less work and matches each image to the next a lot better. It is a very nice feature to have on a drone for a landscape photographer. I miss having that function on my M2Pro which my old original Mavic Pro did have.
Thanks for the info,much appreciated.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Just being able to get a full res vertical photo without having to vertically crop a horizontal photo would be worth it. By cropping vertically you kill about 50% of the photos resolution and you can't print as large. Probably not all that important for some people but for those of us who like to print large and have customers/clients that want large prints it would be really nice to have a camera that can flip.
I agree 100%. I can't wait to be able to do high res vertical panos. The Mini 3 Pro is worth the price to me for that feature alone. It is a real game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78