DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2cofC UK pilot wishing to fly on holiday in Spain

Macmad

Reactions
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for some advice please on requirements for flying in spain, I am travelling to Santander by ferry in September and am hopeful of driving down to Sotogrande in the Costa Del Sol, I am looking to fly in some of the locations, national parks en route to my final destination,which happen to be outside the restricted fly zones,
I would like to know if I need a local registration in Spain, or would need to take a exam, I am not looking at flying in Costa Del Sol due to flight restrictions from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.

Reactions: Brian I
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for some advice please on requirements for flying in spain, I am travelling to Santander by ferry in September and am hopeful of driving down to Sotogrande in the Costa Del Sol, I am looking to fly in some of the locations, national parks en route to my final destination,which happen to be outside the restricted fly zones,
I would like to know if I need a local registration in Spain, or would need to take a exam, I am not looking at flying in Costa Del Sol due to flight restrictions from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
I live and fly regularly on the Costa del Sol in the area of Fuengirola. The European drone laws apply down here. Unfortunately the UK is now out of the EEC. What drone are you intending to bring? If you have a Mini then generally you will be ok and not have any problems.

Reactions: Macmad
I live and fly regularly on the Costa del Sol in the area of Fuengirola. The European drone laws apply down here. Unfortunately the UK is now out of the EEC. What drone are you intending to bring? If you have a Mini then generally you will be ok and not have any problems.
Thanks for the information, I have seen some contradictory information, with some sites saying the UK have an agreement with EASA for UK citizens to fly in Europe, but as we can't seem to agree on much with the EU, I find this difficult to believe, I intend to fly a mavic pro 2, and will happily register or complete additional exams if need be,
One of the sites below stating the EU has a uniformed set of rules with the UK to fly drones.

Regards
Darren

Thanks for the information, I have seen some contradictory information, with some sites saying the UK have an agreement with EASA for UK citizens to fly in Europe, but as we can't seem to agree on much with the EU, I find this difficult to believe, I intend to fly a mavic pro 2, and will happily register or complete additional exams if need be,
One of the sites below stating the EU has a uniformed set of rules with the UK to fly drones.

Regards
Darren
You definitely need to sit the the EASA exam to fly your drone in Europe and at the moment if you Google that exam you can sit it free of charge through Luxenbourg enabling you to fly under the A1 and A3 category, just sat and passed mine Cheers Len

Reactions: Macmad
You definitely need to sit the the EASA exam to fly your drone in Europe and at the moment if you Google that exam you can sit it free of charge through Luxenbourg enabling you to fly under the A1 and A3 category, just sat and passed mine Cheers Len
Yes I did register with DAC Luxembourg a few days ago, but had issues proceeding further to the training as it was asking which organisation I belonged too, with a huge Iist of companies including France Air, Tui Airlines etc, am not sure if I was attempting to enrol for flying a Boieng 737 Max :oops:

Regards
Darren

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair