DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S DNG files are vignetted!

New in DxO PureRAW v1.5

Improvements
o Extra control over DxO Optical Corrections:

Users can now toggle ON or OFF the addition of Global Lens Sharpness when using the DeepPRIME denoising method
Users can now toggle ON or OFF the Distortion Correction when using the HQ, PRIME or DeepPRIME denoising methods

o Easier access to the DxO Module Manager from the processing window when no module has been selected

o Users can now select Recently Used and Favorite destinations when processing images o New Zoom options (up to 16:1)
o Size estimation is available when processing images as DNG files
o Information is displayed when a selected destination does not have sufficient disk space o Information is displayed when the processing time is expected to exceed 120 minutes
o DxO PureRAW now supports Chinese Simplified language

o 8 New supported cameras: Pentax K-3 III

DJI Mavic Air 2S DJI Mavic Mini 2 Panasonic GH5 II Canon EOS Ra Olympus PEN E-P7 Sony ZV-E10 Nikon Z Fc

o 18 New lenses supported: DJI Mavic Air 2S Lens

DJI Mavic Mini 2 Lens
Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM
Canon RF 14-35mm F4 L IS USM
Irix 150mm F2.8 macro
Laowa 10mm F2 Zero-D
M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm F4 Pro
M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400 F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm F4G ED VR with AF-S TC-14E III AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm F4G ED VR with AF-S TC-20E III Panasonic Lumix S 50mm F1.8
Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN C
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG DN Art
Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro
Tamron 11-20mm F2.8 Di III-A RXD
Tamron 150-500mm F5-6.7 Di III VC VXD
Laowa 10mm F2 Zero-D
M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400 F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO

Bug fixes
o The onboarding slideshow, module manager and processing popup are displayed correctly

(including on 4K monitors)

o Arrow keys now work on the onboarding slideshow
o Processing no longer hangs (issue on some configurations)
o Images can be exported to Adobe Lightroom Classic (issue on some configurations)

Yes, PureRaw works well with Air 2S images. Denoises and sharpens, and removes vignettes. Terrific software. I (and others I assume) have been nagging them to add this DJI drone to their profiles and now they have. Yay!!

Hi guys. Pretty new to Drone photography! Please look at this photo and could you tell me why it is vignetted? Not all my shots are like this. Any ideas??Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.11.05 am.png

This has been much discussed. If you open the files in Photoshop, Lightroom, PhotoLab and other editors, they recognize the file type and fix the vignettes. I'm not sure why only some of your files would show this. My guess is they all do but it depends on each photos position related to the sun.

It is seen that DJI and the M3 like Adobe software better... just like their apps, they work better with IOS. a pity And even more so after spending almost € 5,000 ( here in Europe ) . Hidden defect not reported by DJI. In China you can, here in Europe you will have to deal with the consumer offices, if the users don't get tired before and return it.

Film-based camera lenses don't noticeably vignette, for obvious reasons, so that's not generally true.
I figured out why this is actually.

First of all it depends on the lens but film lenses don’t have larger image circles, the difference is that towards the edges of the image the light coming from the lens is at an increasing steep angle. On a digital camera the photodiodes are slightly recessed so when the light comes it at a steep angle the light is partially blocked. This is made worse with wide angle lenses. Of course with film the photosensitive material is all on the surface of the film and there isn’t such a problem.

They could make lenses with larger image circles or additional elements but that brings up all kinds of other issues which cause other issues. So it’s not that film lenses have less vignetting than digital because it’s harder to fix in post, it’s just that digital is more susceptible to it. In fact if you put a film lens on a digital camera chances are the vignette will be worse.

This has been much discussed. If you open the files in Photoshop, Lightroom, PhotoLab and other editors, they recognize the file type and fix the vignettes. I'm not sure why only some of your files would show this. My guess is they all do but it depends on each photos position related to the sun.
I've seen several posts claiming this. It's not true for Lightroom. The program does not have a profile for the Air 2S. I have no idea why someone would make this claim if they just don't know. I manually correct the vignetting by setting +40 and 0 midpoint

Attachments

• dji_profiles.jpg
    dji_profiles.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 4
I've seen several posts claiming this. It's not true for Lightroom. The program does not have a profile for the Air 2S.
The program doesn't need a lens profile for the drone's camera.
The lens profile is included in each image file and the program uses that.
This has been the way for several years now.
You'll note that the only profiles for any DJI cameras are all old models.

Try searching for Go Fly on the Google Play store
I'm not sure what the point is that you are trying to make.
DJI software isn't available from Google as a result of US government actions against some Chinese companies.
You can still download the software from DJI.

And it still runs at least as well as Apple versions do.

The program doesn't need a lens profile for the drone's camera.
The lens profile is included in each image file and the program uses that.
This has been the way for several years now.
You'll note that the only profiles for any DJI cameras are all old models.
Yes it does need a lens profile for the drone's camera. There is no lens profile. When it says that it's using the built in profile that's just a generic message. You can test it yourself by checking and unchecking "Enable Profile Corrections". The image is identical. No distortion correction or vignette correction gets applied.

The proof is that images are heavily vignetted unless you manually adjust for it

I’ll say again DXO Pure RAW 2.0 has the profiles for most DJI drones, including the Air2S. Try the demo, it’s free and you’ll see tha tit not only corrects the vignetting, but improves the optics and sharpens the image as well.

Yes it does need a lens profile for the drone's camera. There is no lens profile. When it says that it's using the built in profile that's just a generic message. You can test it yourself by checking and unchecking "Enable Profile Corrections". The image is identical. No distortion correction or vignette correction gets applied.

The proof is that images are heavily vignetted unless you manually adjust for it
Your experience isn't what most users are seeing.
How old is the version of Lightroom that you are using?

The lens profile is built into the DNG. The correction is made upstream of the lens correction tab in Lightroom and therefore can’t be turned off by the user.

The reason Lightroom has the lens correction tab and profiles is because many manufacturers use proprietary raw formats which either don’t support built in profiles or are not readable by Lightroom. DNG is open source and created by Adobe so Adobe software is able to use and apply the built in profiles from cameras that use DNG as their native raw format. Wether or not the lens profile included by the manufacturer is good or not is another story.

The lens profile is built into the DNG. The correction is made upstream of the lens correction tab in Lightroom and therefore can’t be turned off by the user.

The reason Lightroom has the lens correction tab and profiles is because many manufacturers use proprietary raw formats which either don’t support built in profiles or are not readable by Lightroom. DNG is open source and created by Adobe so Adobe software is able to use and apply the built in profiles from cameras that use DNG as their native raw format. Wether or not the lens profile included by the manufacturer is good or not is another story.

It looks like you're right, I opened a file in Rawtherapee and turned off demosaicing with monochrome representation, IE raw brightness values from the pixels. There is way more vignetting than what you see in Lightroom

Attachments

• rawtherapee_air2s.JPG
    rawtherapee_air2s.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 6
  • lr_air2s_mono.JPG
    lr_air2s_mono.JPG
    617.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: brett8883
I've used DXO for years to convert my raws to TIFFs.
It does a great job.
There is a setting where you can let the program do the de-vignetting on its own or control the amount with a slider.
Highly recommended.

On camera raw did you make sure to turn on the camera profile? It tends to contain embedded lens correction details that are usually baked in the jpeg version, but only retained for later processing in the raw version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki