DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S/RC Pro Fly More combo discontinued

maggior

Reactions
I've been following the A2S/RC Pro Fly More combo due to mild interest on my part. Amazon stock ran out a few weeks ago but now it's back in stock. In recent reviews, it seems that it is shipping with the old SC. Looking on B&H's website I see that this combo has been discontinued.

There seemed to be a fair number of users that had problems with the RC Pro loosing connection with the A2S at very short distances. I wonder that is why it's been discontinued. They must have dug up some old stock of the old SC to package with the A2S for the Amazon offering.

Anybody have insight as to what may be going on?

Reactions: Ned Bogan
My guess is that the Air 2S combo will start shipping with the screen controller that is going to come with the Mini 3. It is a step down from the RC Pro and more appropriately priced. The RC Pro combo was likely to be a short term deal.

Well, my package is out for delivery right now. I was looking forward to the RC Pro and hoping for flawless operation. If I get the SC instead, I'll probably send it back and save money.

I'd be curious to know which one you get. Keep in mind the picture on the box is of the old SC, but the new RC Pro would be in the box, or was supposed to be.

I was on the verge of ordering the A2S/RC Pro FMC but I waffled and I didn't pull the trigger. Now I guess I'll just watch the DJI bouncing ball for a while.

Reactions: maggior
🤞
I think UPS is toying with me. I'm watching the live map and the truck is driving all around my neighborhood without entering.

• Haha
Reactions: RangerEd
Bahahahaha.... Been there! Definitely return it IF you get the SC. The comparison between the RC Pro and the SC are VAST, in many ways.

🤞
I think UPS is toying with me. I'm watching the live map and the truck is driving all around my neighborhood without entering.
UPS is crazy. The delivery trucks are guided by GPS, not the driver. The driver may deliver a package two houses down from you, yet will drive past your house to his next scheduled stop. You may see the truck an hour later after big brother routes him to your door

Reactions: SFC117
The comparison between the RC Pro and the SC are VAST, in many ways.
What is so different between them? O3 transmission, 4G, Screen. What else?

I swear I can't remember another purchase where I've been so conflicted. Am I disappointed that I got a discontinued device when others got the replacement? Absolutely. btw, I read some posts last night that the RC Pros dried up on Amazon in April so maybe a month sooner I would've gotten the upgrade. The RC Pro has apparent connectivity issues as well, so that was something I was hoping to avoid.

I was up until 2am watching more videos and reading more commentary only to be no further along. I can't ever see myself flying 9-10K feet away so do I care about that? My eyes aren't great so I can't really tell if the apparent lag people see is in the final video or just in the transmission back to the controller. I can still see how it would be a control issue but less of an overall one if the product is still acceptable.

I like the idea of one controller for both of my drones. I can barely see my phone at the beach even with a hood. All of this and I'm running out of time to get stick time before our trip of a lifetime. :(

B&H now shows the combo discontinued. DroneNerds is backordered. Is it worth the gamble of trying again and failing? Or do I just crack the cover and hope for the best and that it works out in the end and try to sell it if not?

And, I have to admit, it's very difficult knowing a brand new drone is sitting right behind me longing to spin its propellers. :)

I swear I can't remember another purchase where I've been so conflicted. Am I disappointed that I got a discontinued device when others got the replacement? Absolutely. btw, I read some posts last night that the RC Pros dried up on Amazon in April so maybe a month sooner I would've gotten the upgrade. The RC Pro has apparent connectivity issues as well, so that was something I was hoping to avoid.

I was up until 2am watching more videos and reading more commentary only to be no further along. I can't ever see myself flying 9-10K feet away so do I care about that? My eyes aren't great so I can't really tell if the apparent lag people see is in the final video or just in the transmission back to the controller. I can still see how it would be a control issue but less of an overall one if the product is still acceptable.

I like the idea of one controller for both of my drones. I can barely see my phone at the beach even with a hood. All of this and I'm running out of time to get stick time before our trip of a lifetime. :(

B&H now shows the combo discontinued. DroneNerds is backordered. Is it worth the gamble of trying again and failing? Or do I just crack the cover and hope for the best and that it works out in the end and try to sell it if not?
Keep what you have and try and get some sort of partial refund since they sent you the old, lower cost controller. If you are going on a trip of a lifetime with old eyes, then do what I did. I have the SC (Original version) and I also bought the FeelWorld 7 inch monitor to plug into the SC HDMI port. This FW 279S model I have is an incredible 2,200 NITS of brightness and is light weight and low cost, around $235. I bought an open box on ebay for $170. They now offer a touch screen version of this monitor, as well for just a little bit more money.

You have a choice of what you want to display on it, from a mirror image of your SC screen, or just the camera view from the drone's camera. I choose this way and leave all the flight details and options, on the SC screen. This is really a superb set up for old eyes that need a larger screen and super bright viewing capability and nothing beats the brightness and cost of this setup.

Maybe you can get them to refund that much so you won't be out of pocket if you order the Feelworld Monitor.

Reactions: Jarhead 96097
Wow. That sounds awesome! 2200 is incredible! What tablet holder do you use? And thanks for the suggestion, @Cymruflyer I like the idea about asking for at least a partial refund as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser