DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S/RC Pro Fly More combo discontinued

Wow. That sounds awesome! 2200 is incredible! What tablet holder do you use? And thanks for the suggestion, @Cymruflyer I like the idea about asking for at least a partial refund as well.
LifThor makes one but as nice as it is, it is over $100 so I searched on ebay and found a guy who makes one with a 3D printer out of a hard plastic and ordered his. It cost me about $40 and works perfectly. Maybe not as strong or as nice to look at as the metal one from LifThor but hey, I saved around $100 so I'm happy.

By the way, the batteries for the Feelworld monitor are the old standard Sony batteries which you can find on ebay for dirt cheap pricing. You can even get big fat long lasting ones complete with a charger for around $30. Definitely the way to go if you want an affordable super bright and light weight added monitor. That mounting system sets your screen above your SC so it is much nicer to see it that way and you can get a strap to put around your neck to keep it all together and balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarhead 96097
I
I swear I can't remember another purchase where I've been so conflicted. Am I disappointed that I got a discontinued device when others got the replacement? Absolutely. btw, I read some posts last night that the RC Pros dried up on Amazon in April so maybe a month sooner I would've gotten the upgrade. The RC Pro has apparent connectivity issues as well, so that was something I was hoping to avoid.

I was up until 2am watching more videos and reading more commentary only to be no further along. I can't ever see myself flying 9-10K feet away so do I care about that? My eyes aren't great so I can't really tell if the apparent lag people see is in the final video or just in the transmission back to the controller. I can still see how it would be a control issue but less of an overall one if the product is still acceptable.

I like the idea of one controller for both of my drones. I can barely see my phone at the beach even with a hood. All of this and I'm running out of time to get stick time before our trip of a lifetime. :(

B&H now shows the combo discontinued. DroneNerds is backordered. Is it worth the gamble of trying again and failing? Or do I just crack the cover and hope for the best and that it works out in the end and try to sell it if not?

And, I have to admit, it's very difficult knowing a brand new drone is sitting right behind me longing to spin its propellers. :)

If you ordered from Amazon, you may not have much of a leg to stand on because you got what was pictured in the listing. It just so happened that for a while they were including the RC Pro but they never changed the listing. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Again assuming it's Amazon, you can try it out and if you find it's really not to your liking, you can return it for a refund. That's one of the great benefits of Amazon.

I have the MA2 with the original SC. I much prefer the SC over using my phone and standard controller. Not only is the screen better, the sticks are smoother and allow for much better precision when flying. To combat lag, I had to change some settings. I still get the occasional stutter in the video feed, but it's not terrible. Prior to making those changes, it was pretty bad. I set the feed to "smooth" and disabled local video caching.

As far as range goes, I've gotten out 2km over farm land with no issues. I don't need anything more than that. In populated areas, I get just as much signal penetration as I do with my standard controller. I don't really see a significant different.

I got the Air 2s with the Pro RC ...Fly More in a package deal from Adorama three weeks ago for $1,799.00.

Reactions: maggior
I was on the verge of ordering the A2S/RC Pro FMC but I waffled and I didn't pull the trigger. Now I guess I'll just watch the DJI bouncing ball for a while.

I waffled for quite a while because I couldn't justify spending the money since my MA2/SC Fly More combo is still doing well for me. The idea of the upgrade of drone and controller was appealing to me, but $1800 was a bridge too far.

Again assuming it's Amazon, you can try it out and if you find it's really not to your liking, you can return it for a refund. That's one of the great benefits of Amazon.
This is one of the things I was trying to clarify. They say 30 days "in original condition". Does that mean sealed or that I can fly it but return all the components and still be good? I wasn't really able to nail it down.

Here in Finland no one seems to have heard finding RC Pro from Air 2S combos.
What ever DJI's plan was/is, it propably never involded RC Pro originally.

I think UPS is toying with me. I'm watching the live map and the truck is driving all around my neighborhood without entering.
Logistics has nothing to do with logic...

Reactions: ThatBeardedDroneGuy
This is one of the things I was trying to clarify. They say 30 days "in original condition". Does that mean sealed or that I can fly it but return all the components and still be good? I wasn't really able to nail it down.
That doesn't mean sealed, it means you didn't crash it. Even if you crashed it they would probably take it back but I wouldn't do that. They will probably repackage it at Amazon and sell it from the Amazon Warehouse at a discount.

Cool. I'm leaning towards throwing caution to the wind and giving it a shot. I gambled and lost.

I also found a stock controller so that'll be my fallback.

I've been following the A2S/RC Pro Fly More combo due to mild interest on my part. Amazon stock ran out a few weeks ago but now it's back in stock. In recent reviews, it seems that it is shipping with the old SC. Looking on B&H's website I see that this combo has been discontinued.

There seemed to be a fair number of users that had problems with the RC Pro loosing connection with the A2S at very short distances. I wonder that is why it's been discontinued. They must have dug up some old stock of the old SC to package with the A2S for the Amazon offering.

Anybody have insight as to what may be going on?
I have that combo and have no problem’s… just saying

Reactions: Massabusa
🤞
I think UPS is toying with me. I'm watching the live map and the truck is driving all around my neighborhood without entering.
UPS? Aaaargh.
I've had deliveries stated for two days from now and show up on my doorstep. And by the same token deliveries that were supposed to be for today never showed up until one or two days later.
The service for UPS has become very unreliable lately.

UPS? Aaaargh.
I've had deliveries stated for two days from now and show up on my doorstep. And by the same token deliveries that were supposed to be for today never showed up until one or two days later.
The service for UPS has become very unreliable lately.
FedEx is also no longer what it used to be.

Agreed. Not much hope left in the carriers. UPS was great until my driver retired. Now it seems like I just keep cycling through them. I don't think there's ever been consistency from FedEx. Don't get enough DHL packages to know how they are.

Agreed. Not much hope left in the carriers. UPS was great until my driver retired. Now it seems like I just keep cycling through them. I don't think there's ever been consistency from FedEx. Don't get enough DHL packages to know how they are.
I am a dealer for some British aviation products, and we use all three from our UK office to the US and they are all about the same.

Any luck with Amazon? Been to a few Best Buy’s in the area and they’ve all got the smart controller ones only. Thinking about just going with the fly more combo with regular controller and tripltek 8 if I can’t find the RC pro combo.

Any luck with Amazon? Been to a few Best Buy’s in the area and they’ve all got the smart controller ones only. Thinking about just going with the fly more combo with regular controller and tripltek 8 if I can’t find the RC pro combo.
I don't know that I'm going to try. I guess maybe the could take some money off, but technically, the listing and packaging both state the SC. The fact that many received the RC Pro instead is probably moot in their eyes.

I was a little more disheartened last night while shopping for accessories. I came upon this one ad that was trying to make sure you bought the right version. "DO NOT BUY THIS ONE if you are getting the DJI Air 2S with smart controller recently, because DJI is including the New RC Pro with the DJI Air 2S now". So the info was also being spread through other vendors.

But, now for the good news. I was able to get in a battery and a half of flight time after work. Everything (except my memory) worked flawlessly. The wind was also crazy insane (perks of flying near the beach) but the video clips are looking very nice. I played around with normal and DLog profiles. I couldn't for the life of me remember how to zoom, though. I LOVE having independent buttons for video/photo.

I was in pretty close quarters so I wouldn't have expected any issues with connectivity. And the screen was very easy to see (well, except for my bad eyes and tiny fonts). The battery was down to 64%, though. It's supposed to get 2.5 hours of use so hopefully it tapers off or the battery life improves. Tempted to grab the RC-N1 as a ready spare.

So, flights 1 and 2 are under my belt and I'm feeling pretty good. I felt like I could control the flight more tightly than my Mini 2 controller. One thing I need to do is figure out how to get maps downloaded. I was connected to my phone but all it showed me was the generic map. So, I have more reading to do before tomorrow.

Oh, and don't forget to take the video out of slo-mo. :mad:

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S