DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2S with MP2 standard controller?

SmetcH13

Reactions
Hello people!

I was wondering, did someone tried to pair up standard MP2 controller with Air 2S?

I’m asking because I would really like to have dedicated telemetry data and that extra jog wheel for adjusting EV or zoom without fiddling trough app.

Is it even possible to pair it?

17c9071d5165a53ea0e7965aecf2f30a.jpg

From what I've read, they are not compatible.

No, it os not possible. You can use the wheel to zoom while holding the programmable button. I dont like the old controllers having the sticks over the screen

Thank you all for your answers. It is beyond my understanding why DJI didn’t use the real estate of the controller a little better? The MP2 RC is much smaller but has much more functions and buttons. Is the telemetry screen so expensive that they didn’t include it on the Air2/2s controller?

I'm guessing it's to create a point of differentiation between the Pro and the consumer stuff.
Because, a non-pro user would never need access to telemetry data........,.....

I'm guessing it's to create a point of differentiation between the Pro and the consumer stuff.
Because, a non-pro user would never need access to telemetry data........,.....

My thoughts are a little different. I think that dedicated screen is a great thing for amatuers to keep track od distance, height and speed of their drones, especially in EU countries since 1.1.2021. because we have very strickt limitations that we need to take into account while flying. Some people doesn’t have big screen tablets or phones. For example - sunny day, iPhone 12 mini - your telemetry font is tinny and the sun is hitting the phone - how can you know fast from the ground on what height is your drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu