DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Abandoned NY Power Plant

Not just a good subject, but nice technique...I particularly liked how you went between the stacks at about 50 seconds...just to let you know...someone is leaving messages including links to dating sites on your video
EDIT: After posting I was thinking about that location.....right on the Hudson River is like being in a wind tunnel...did you guys get a particularly calm day?...or did you just deal with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: dronertv
The video technique is great, nice and smooth, but I found the transitions so jarring that I stopped watching. IMO, they ruin the otherwise very nice video. (Other than that, this video could be an ad for the MA2S.)

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
I loved the transitions , music , and the skill needed to take the creative shots. The whole video worked its magic.

Where were you flying from , were you on top of the building. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIr 2S in the RAIN and Land on the Waves.

Sorry, great location but dreadful transitions. They do nothing but distract badly from some good photography.

There’s a great temptation to use some of the ‘cool’ transitions when learning to edit but you won’t see any of them in professional use for good reason.

Smooth footage needs smooth transitions. Just stick with simple dissolves or cuts and you’ll dramatically improve you work.

Not just a good subject, but nice technique...I particularly liked how you went between the stacks at about 50 seconds...just to let you know...someone is leaving messages including links to dating sites on your video
EDIT: After posting I was thinking about that location.....right on the Hudson River is like being in a wind tunnel...did you guys get a particularly calm day?...or did you just deal with it?
Thanks for letting me know. I did notice that about the comments. It seems like YouTube is taking them down. It was a calm morning. No problem with wind on that day.

The video technique is great, nice and smooth, but I found the transitions so jarring that I stopped watching. IMO, they ruin the otherwise very nice video. (Other than that, this video could be an ad for the MA2S.)
I appreciate the feedback. Truly I do! If you watch any other videos on my YouTube Channel, you will notice that I use transition effects sparingly. I totally understand what you are saying and making use of all sorts of different transitions is “amateurish.” But with this video I wanted to try something different and creatively experiment. It would be interesting to have an A + B testing, one with transitions and one without the transitions, to see what is more effective. I watched it without the transitions before adding the transitions and liked it with the transitions. But I totally understand the potential turnoff more than you realize. (I definitely would not use the music or these transitions if I was making an ad ?.)

I got the Mavic Mini for Christmas and lasted less than four months before upgrading to the new Air 2s. This is the first mission I flew with it and had so much fun making this video. I am still learning some of the flight and camera settings but I loved the results.
Great filming and flying but I never liked that glitch transition.

I loved the transitions , music , and the skill needed to take the creative shots. The whole video worked its magic.

Where were you flying from , were you on top of the building. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIr 2S in the RAIN and Land on the Waves.
There is a park next to the power plant. We flew from the park. We have a group that flies a different mission each Saturday morning called the Jersey Droners. I wrote a blog post about this mission and it has a picture of where we flew from. Here is the link: Abandoned Coal Power Plant Drone Video along Hudson River - DronerTV

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Some did not like the transition effects in the video. I uploaded a second video without the transition effect as a comparison. What do you think? Do you like it with or without?

Reactions: eckydrone200
To be honest I prefer the version without the transitions. Excellent video though and great choice of material for filming. Thumbswayup

I got the Mavic Mini for Christmas and lasted less than four months before upgrading to the new Air 2s. This is the first mission I flew with it and had so much fun making this video. I am still learning some of the flight and camera settings but I loved the results.
Excellent footage music & editing very atmospheric. What software do you use. I'm just getting started . Thank you

It seems....at least in the opening scenes that the picture is much darker than the first time
Not sure why that would be. Sometimes YouTube changes the resolution when you are viewing on different devices and might not be as clear. But should not be any darker.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman