DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abnormal Gimbal Vibration Error

dport177

Reactions
Realize there are threads on this, and yes, I have read them all. Has anyone received this error lately? I have the mavic pro platinum and the gimbal is sitting perfectly (all three tabs in the correct position), but I received this error today for the first time. Has to be from one of two possible issues:

- today was the coldest day I've flown in since I received the drone. Outside temp was 29 degrees F. I did not acclimate the drone prior to flying.

Or

- yesterday I dropped my mavic out of my car trunk and onto the ground. The mavic was in its case though. I use a small hard shell form fitting case. The fall was only 3 feet. Surely this didn't cause an issue?

All thoughts welcome. Will be doing some testing tomorrow.

Realize there are threads on this, and yes, I have read them all. Has anyone received this error lately? I have the mavic pro platinum and the gimbal is sitting perfectly (all three tabs in the correct position), but I received this error today for the first time. Has to be from one of two possible issues:

- today was the coldest day I've flown in since I received the drone. Outside temp was 29 degrees F. I did not acclimate the drone prior to flying.

Or

- yesterday I dropped my mavic out of my car trunk and onto the ground. The mavic was in its case though. I use a small hard shell form fitting case. The fall was only 3 feet. Surely this didn't cause an issue?

All thoughts welcome. Will be doing some testing tomorrow.

Thanks for including "The fall was only 3 feet. Surely this didn't cause an issue?"
I don't know but it may be the clue to the answer.
Should be top of the list.
That's some pretty delicate stuff, those miniature stepper motors controlling the gimbal.
Maybe just the delicate cables controlling it.
Start there first.
TD is the expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: dport177
It was probably the drop out of your car trunk.

Can you take some pics of the gimbal and post them up here?

Thanks guys! Attached are some pictures. Let me know if you need more specific pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 54
Took the MPP back out this morning for a test run. 20 degrees F weather, no wind at ground level and clear skies. I still received the "abnormal gimbal vibration" error. I also received a few "motor current errors" as well. I was NOT in sport mode, though i have read some MPP owners have experienced the same.

The DAT file is too big to upload, but attached is the txt file from this mornings flight.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-27_[08-02-59].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I'm betting your gimbal cable has a little damage to it. It doesn't take much of a shock to cause damage to it.

I would suggest gimbal and IMU calibration. The motor current warnings in that log file appear to be associated with high wind warnings. Airdata calculates that the wind was around 20 mph out of the NW at the 600 ft level you reached during the flight. There are no gimbal vibration errors that I can see in the log.

I would suggest gimbal and IMU calibration. The motor current warnings in that log file appear to be associated with high wind warnings. Airdata calculates that the wind was around 20 mph out of the NW at the 600 ft level you reached during the flight. There are no gimbal vibration errors that I can see in the log.

I don't totally disagree, but I have flown the mavic in much higher winds and never received a motor error. Also, it's odd that it was crystal clear out, with zero ground pressure, and high pressure overhead...and I still received wind warnings. I realize that winds higher up can be completely different, still caught my attention though. As for the gimbal error, not sure why it doesn't show up in the logs, maybe bc it's a status update and not a true error?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Thunderdrones here is a video of what happens when I get the "abnormal gimbal vibration" error. Now, what is odd is that right after I took this video, I brought my MPP in the house. Came out 10 minutes later and the gimbal was smooth as butter after doing the same type of flight.

Edit: I left the cover on simply because it was snowing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jspeer2