DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abnormal Gimbal Vibration with Low Noise Props

SteveM

Reactions
Hi.

Would welcome the experience of the forum.

I received my low noise props for my Mavic a few weeks ago, and got round to trying them today. To my ears, I thought they did seem to make quite a difference.

BUT I received a warning in the DJI Go App -think it said “abnormal gimbal vibration”. Only popped up once. Never seen it before.

I checked the gimbal. Everything seemed perfect (front 2 supports in position and one behind the gimbal was under the L bar)

Had another fly this afternoon (took off and re-installed props) and all seemed ok.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Was is high wind? Prop issue? Firmware issue?

Thanks

I am on latest App 4.1.16 and Firmware 1.04.0000

I'm running .400, and I've not seen any gimbal messages. I did suspect that photos were not coming out as sharp with the new props, but I did a resolution chart test this morning with both kinds of props and there is no discernible difference in line pair resolution at 1/100 s exposure in still air (indoors).

Reactions: SteveM
Thanks. Didn’t spot the other thread. Looks like it is still a mystery.

I’ve been so busy the past month I haven’t had a chance to troubleshoot. I’m on vacation this week, so I’m hoping to finally get a chance to fly.

I contacted DJI. They are sending out replacement low noise props. Hopefully that will solve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jspeer2