DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

About circle Quickshot

Marcos Ri

Reactions
I have a question as a future mavic air owner about the circle quickshot. Can you change the radius of the circle quickshot? For example, can I do a circle quickshot around me at 10 meters radius and also another day do a circle quickshot around a castle at 50 meters radius? Or the circle quickshot has always the same radius and cannot be changed?

Thanks!

The radius can be adjusted by manually positioning the drone in the air before it starts to circle the target. Check out this example to see how that flight mode works.

Reactions: Marcos Ri
The radius can be adjusted by manually positioning the drone in the air before it starts to circle the target. Check out this example to see how that flight mode works.

Thanks! And you can also stop de Qickshot at any time while the drone is doing it? In case you see that it is going to crash with something...

Yes, you can cancel any of the automated flight modes.

Be warned that cancelling the quick shot in circle mode requires you to take your eyes off that drone that is heading towards a tree and find the tiny "x" on your screen. I feel it might be better if DJI incorporated a stick movement to cancel flight modes, especially ones that require the drone to fly "blind" sideways.

That message comes to you from a Mavic Air owner who lost his drone to some nasty sand because of a sideways tree collision during a circle quickshot. My drone had about the softest collision possible with a tall fern while I was frantically trying to stop its slow demise by using the sticks. Unfortunately, it touched a leaf and fell into very fine sand which took it out of commission. 4 motors, a fan, and the gimble... gone.

Or you can press pause button on the controller, it stops all flights.

Yep, I always have my finger over the Pause button whenever I initiate a quickshot of any kind... just in case I need to react quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh