DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Above 7000' in the Land of Enchantment

Hello from the Crossroads of America wcmead.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Your 76 or you were born in 76?
Hang Gliding, I did it once, crashed in to some rocks, then I woke up.
Never tried it again!

Welcome to the Forum!

Rod ..
Yup. 76 years old and counting. Getting a little creaky around the edges. I've always wanted to try hang gliding. Maybe I'll go sky diving when I'm 99? But not where the photo was taken...

Mini2 in the mountains and canyons. 11 months, 12+ hours.
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

@wcmead, welcome to the forum ,from a fellow 76 years young flyer,i will give the hang gliding a miss ,if you dont mind though

Mini2 in the mountains and canyons. 11 months, 12+ hours. No crashes (knock on wood).

BTW, Remote ID requirement might ground my Mini 2. I (unfortunately) registered it, which brings with it the Remote ID requirement:

"Drones which are required to be registered or have been registered, including those flown for recreation, business, or public safety, must comply with the rule on Remote ID."

The FAA doesn't seem to understand how to write rules that account for different drone capabilities and differing local conditions. Major bummer.

Not sure yet if RID will end my brief acquaintance with drone photography, but it very well could do so.

BTW, Remote ID requirement might ground my Mini 2. I (unfortunately) registered it, which brings with it the Remote ID requirement:

"Drones which are required to be registered or have been registered, including those flown for recreation, business, or public safety, must comply with the rule on Remote ID."

The FAA doesn't seem to understand how to write rules that account for different drone capabilities and differing local conditions. Major bummer.

Not sure yet if RID will end my brief acquaintance with drone photography, but it very well could do so.

Apparently the FAA website is wrong! A registered (stock) Mini 2 does not require RID-- I registered mine and they accepted the No RID check mark.

You are mistaken about the RID Requirement for the Mini 2… Only the Mini 2s that are registered under a Part 107 account must meet RID Requirement. If the Mini 2 is registered under a Recreational Pilot Account, it is still a recreational drone and does not have to meet the RID Requirment.

Reactions: wcmead and RodPad
I registered mine and they accepted the No RID check mark.
I am Part 107 licensed and my Mini 2 is registered under my Part 107 Account and there is no problem registering it with NO RID. The reason is when I must have that Rid Module on my Mini 2, the RID Module will be registered, at an additional cost. The Mini 2 does not need to have the RID check box checked as it is not transmitting the RID Signal, only the module would be…

Reactions: wcmead and RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky