DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accosted and Vandalized

Seems like it was weighing on both of your minds all this time, but maybe the investigation tweaked his regrets.
I guess if it was me, I’d be advising your contacts / DA about that meeting and subsequent resolution, and that you wouldn’t mind if they wanted to drop the whole thing.
People do things the regret all the time, and seems to have come to an amicable end.

Wait till late at night and go spray paint all his windows that you can reach. Just the glass. No real damage, he can razor blade it all off, but it’ll **** him off. You get a little justice, he gets a workout and no real damage is done. If your still really upset, wait a few weeks and do it again.

that is a good update, the first thing though is make sure that check clears.
As for dropping the case, if it goes to civil then you have the power to not proceed, however with non civil it can very much be the police, prosecutor who decides if a crime was committed depending on what offence they go with. But generally that happens with more serious cases.

but should you tell them you consider the matter resolved they will likely drop it. Which probably be the sensible thing to do.
You do often wonder with these things if the fool who did it goes home afterwards, slaps themselves on forehead and goes "what was I thinking!" lol

Wait till late at night and go spray paint all his windows that you can reach. Just the glass. No real damage, he can razor blade it all off, but it’ll **** him off. You get a little justice, he gets a workout and no real damage is done. If your still really upset, wait a few weeks and do it again.
Yeah pour gas on a fire . Really man .
Please do not try and do that to this thread .

Reactions: Dw911
Good to see a resolution by two adults. Good deal and likely will result in the case being dropped.

Wow, what a story Montmark - many thanks for sharing and demonstrating that forgiveness is often the best route. Or as one of my buddy's would say, "when you want revenge, be sure to dig two graves."

Namaste

Accosted and vandalized update: LONG, slow investigation by California State Park Police. I received a phone call saying the investigation was being put before DA to decide if a case could be made, could I send pictures which I did. That was a month ago, no word since, no replies to email, no prop to State Parks officers. I should mention, investigating officer said this might be ruled a "civil" matter meaning I would have to sue in a civil case to recover damages.

So.....I'm in line at the bank yesterday and guess who's standing right in front of me? Yes, the perpetrator of the assault. I walk out of the bank, and wait. He walks right by me. Me: "are you -------"
Him: yes
Me: you destroyed my drone a couple of months ago
He: did I?
Me: yes. Totally unnecessary, you could have asked me to leave and I would have picked up my drone and walked away.
Him: I've felt bad about that since it happened. I've thought about it a lot.
Me: I've thought about it almost everyday since it happened. It was an assault.
Him: is there anything I can do to make it right?
Me: I'm working on that right now. You could cover the cost of my drone and pay me $800.
Him: give me your address and I'll mail you a check

I give him my address and he says "no hard feelings" and we shake hands. I received his check today for $800. I don't know status of investigation but I'm inclined to drop it and move on.

Funny how stuff works out. There were times I regretted not attacking this man and trying to hurt him. I'm now very glad it didnt work out that way.

Also just ordered a new drone from B&H today.
Peace.
Glad it worked out for you. Just for your info: It was not an assault - you weren't struck. Your property was damaged, that's vandalism. Civil matters in small claims cases in CA are capped at $5,000 and lawyers are not allowed. You should lose a civil case because of the "Clean hands" doctrine. In order to win you must have "Clean hands" meaning you cannot be rewarded when you also broke the law by flying illegally.

Good to know we have teenagers on the forum. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Vilco
Lol. I was just venting. I have a post here somewhere about a guy who climbed my fence and tried attacking me in Mr. own back yard because u flew I’ve read his house. I was at 150 feet and one of his lines was “I have teenagers living there”. They must be really tall if I’m a danger to them at 150 feet. ROFL. My footage ended up in court. I while he was screaming at me, I was recording. Caught all the audio, even managed to maneuver to a position that half the conversation (tirade) was on video.

BTW. If I were able to edit my own posts, I’d have deleted that one in less than 5 minutes after posting. Bad case of “paw in mouth” and I regret wasting my and Y’alls time with it.

Sorry. [emoji17]

Depends on your conscience. I used to exact revenge by a number between 1 and 10 learned over time it's not worth it . Glad this went another way, wow. Cash the check, then deposit the cash, inform the officer of the turn of events and move on.

I'm sure that guy is a nuisance neighbor with progressive violent streaks. Each episode topping the next until he ends up in jail.

Take him to court. He has no right to destroy property. Ask the police for the report, case, or incident number. Since he's a nuisance I'm sure there have been prior police reports on the guy. Obtain those reports and bring them to court to show that his behavior was unreasonable. Sounds like you will need to do some foot work.

Mental or not..people like that eventually get checked (crazy meets insane). One legal means is to take him to court.

Notes on flying: use the Mavic's range to get the shots. Try not to be in the same area your filming unless you have authorization to fly. Too many people think that they are the law because of their emotional states.

I don't know unless that guy wanted to send a check so he had the cancelled one to show he had paid him .All I can guess or maybe he didn't have that much in his account .

I give him my address and he says "no hard feelings" and we shake hands. I received his check today for $800. I don't know status of investigation but I'm inclined to drop it and move on.

Funny how stuff works out. There were times I regretted not attacking this man and trying to hurt him. I'm now very glad it didnt work out that way.

Also just ordered a new drone from B&H today.
Peace.

At least it sounds like he had remorse. You got restitution, which is about as good an outcome as you could expect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom