DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accuracy Test with Trackimo Tracker

I emailed the manufacturer as 2G only available in Europe. They replied fairly quickly telling me we only need 2G in the UK!

Ya its got all 3 and uses both GPS and 3g primarily while bluetooth seems to come on when it loses 3g , gps, connection or both

By the way, the old 2g version is not for sale anymore/not operable

Trackimo really is great but i think its due for overhaul. The device should be half its size. I am very tempted to take this one apart and see if I can't ditch the shell and buttons I don't use

Yep im going to take apart my tile as well and ditch as much crap as i can making 1 lighter unit out of both trackers. Making 1 smaller device with uber capability

If you go to the trackimo website they don't even show Bluetooth as far as I can see. They do show a regular and a 3G version which is much more then amazon. All seems really weird since nothing matches up even on their own site.

Amazon just needs to update their adds, you cant buy the old model i am proof of that. The amazon add that i purchased mine with had it labeled as a trk100 but I was sent the latest mr200 model as you can see

99059be948cdd7b4bf6ac4981abb64dc.jpg

Like I said, if you think you need to pay more than 100$ to get the latest version you would be mistaken. The only one you can buy is mr200 because 2G is gone. Trk100 no more worky. Its irrelevant. I guess shady ebay sellers might try it but never Amazon sellers. I wasn't paying attention when i bought mine under the tk100 add but the seller shipped me the mr200 for this reason im sure
dc333129488739cbe7b849fb1196bfe2.jpg

BluePoint was the Amazon seller/shipper for mine

Last edited:
If you go to the trackimo website they don't even show Bluetooth as far as I can see. They do show a regular and a 3G version which is much more then amazon. All seems really weird since nothing matches up even on their own site.

Its prob because bluetooth feature is new & part of their revamped App tool as well. Being that they are weeks behind on fixing their software I would guess updating the website literature is on the back burner as well. But there is definately trackimo published info on the bluetooth feature if you look. My guess is bluetooth is only seen on latest mr200 model & latest app update

Unfortunately I think the OP actually purchased the 2G version or a counterfeit Trackimo 3G. The 2G is still for sale, at least in the U.S. on Trackimo's site. The 2G version is $139. The 3G version is $179 and is model #TRKM010. I actually purchased the 3G version directly from Trackimo, but didn't like the size for the Mavic so I returned it.
If you go to the Trackimo website for the 2G version ($139) you will see in small print "*Note: In Japan, Korea, Canada and small parts of the US (US parts dominated by AT&T only), regular 2G trackers will not work. Only the Trackimo 3G Tracker with drone attachment kit will work well in these regions." If you click on the link it will take you to the $179 3G version.
It's very tricky as no where does it mention the Trackimo is 2G in the product description, other than that small "note".

The link to the Trackimo 3G on Amazon now says the product is "Under Review" and not available. This makes it seems like someone complained that the listing may not be accurate as 3G.

But if you got a tracking device for $99 that works, that's all that matters...enjoy.

OK. So
no, other way arround. When I siad "3G update for location" I ment the GPS location. So GPS gets the coordinates the 3g sends these coordinates to cellphone app. I could be wrong though.,
OK, so you would have to pay for a 3G cellular SIM card and service as well as the $5 per year. That drives the monthly cost up substantially. Now I'm thinking the Marco Polo is the best way for me to go.

OK. So

OK, so you would have to pay for a 3G cellular SIM card and service as well as the $5 per year. That drives the monthly cost up substantially. Now I'm thinking the Marco Polo is the best way for me to go.
By far I think the Marco Polo is better. But you have to carry around the **** locator. I bought the Mavic for it's portability. Having to now pack away that locator in my bag with the Mavic just adds to the non convince

OK. So

No the $5 per month includes cell Service. First year is free then its $5 per month for cell service. Thats a great deal because it cost way more if I go through ATT directly.

Unfortunately I think the OP actually purchased the 2G version or a counterfeit Trackimo 3G.

Baahahaa haha ha ha

Some you guys crack me up

That statement is a testament to the amount of research and thought that you put into your posts

By far I think the Marco Polo is better. But you have to carry around the **** locator. I bought the Mavic for it's portability. Having to now pack away that locator in my bag with the Mavic just adds to the non convince

Prob cuz u never used either bro...? At least take the time to watch some videos of the marco polo being used and then do the same for trackimo if you cant believe all the reviews online like OP. The first Atari is more advanced. Maybe even Pong .

No offense to anyone Just saying...Think for yourself; they both have pro's & con's like everything else.

The Trackimo device is a serious little tracker, a high performer indeed. An obvious much better value for your dollar at least that part is not debatable. Spending 300$ for a 60's tech short'n spotty range beep'n arrow style tracker for a super long range 1000$ drone makes lot less sense to me personaly

Last edited:
Baahahaa haha ha ha

Some you guys crack me up

That statement is a testament to the amount of research and thought that you put into your posts

Prob cuz u never used either bro...? At least take the time to watch some videos of the marco polo being used and then do the same for trackimo if you cant believe all the reviews online like OP. The first Atari is more advanced. Maybe even Pong .

No offense to anyone Just saying...Think for yourself; they both have pro's & con's like everything else.

The Trackimo device is a serious little tracker, a high performer indeed. An obvious much better value for your dollar at least that part is not debatable. Spending 300$ for a 60's tech short'n spotty range beep'n arrow style tracker for a super long range 1000$ drone makes lot less sense to me personaly

I am actually trying to decide between these and while the trackimo seems much better, its also a lot bigger and heavier. my main concern regarding the trackimo is what happens if i am in an area with no signal? I am reading conflicting reports you still can get at least some tracking with bluetooth liek a tile? Is that correct? I fly in areas where there is no cell service some times.

also, i am beyond confused in this thread trying to figure out which trackimo is which. OP Says he ordered the TRK-1000 but got the TRKM002. Ok, that is cool that seller sent the newer version but i would assume there is no guarantee that every seller will send the newer version. Even more confusing is it looks liek the M002 is still a 2g model? It looks like TRK010 is the 3g model? God i am confused. I know where i live my 2g gps tracker died last month when AT&T shut off their service, hwoever we do have tmobile here so maybe 2g will still work but i am not sure. If they weigh the same it seems to be a no brainer to get the 3g model, however on amazon the TRK010 is $140 and the TRKM002 is $110, so id rather not pay $30 more if the TRKM002 actually does in fact do the 3g.

I also have this old thing from my rc plane days called a Loc8tor lite, its super tiny and light weight, its 2.4ghz but its directional (I think a tile is not directional). The range is only 400ft but at least you can travel along the areas you expect the drone to be and eventually get a signal. or maybe just use a tile? idk.

OK. So

Wait, you buy a $1000 + dollar drone and complain about paying $5. Really?

Reactions: Hunter
this thread interests me. Im also uber confused about which model is which. I get from this seller Amazon.com: Trackimo TRK010 3G Universal Personal GPS NEW Tracker with **BLUETOOTH**: GPS & Navigation and now I see that there really isn't any bluetooth as far as I can tell. Before I had bought from this seller Amazon.com: Trackimo GPS Tracking Device (TRK-100) With 1 Year Monitoring & Free Custom DJI Phantom 4 Drone Holster: GPS & Navigation and it worked fine, but I wanted the bluetooth feature. Now I have the trk010 and I'm not even sure what I have. I live in houston where supposedly 2g shouldn't work anymore. I don't know if trk100 is 2g or 3g? I e-mailed trackimo and we'll see what they say.

I'm also a little surprised that some of you don't want to you the trackimo for the mavic due to it's weight. Its pretty light I must say. Anyway, any added info would be appreciated.

this thread interests me. Im also uber confused about which model is which. I get from this seller Amazon.com: Trackimo TRK010 3G Universal Personal GPS NEW Tracker with **BLUETOOTH**: GPS & Navigation and now I see that there really isn't any bluetooth as far as I can tell. Before I had bought from this seller Amazon.com: Trackimo GPS Tracking Device (TRK-100) With 1 Year Monitoring & Free Custom DJI Phantom 4 Drone Holster: GPS & Navigation and it worked fine, but I wanted the bluetooth feature. Now I have the trk010 and I'm not even sure what I have. I live in houston where supposedly 2g shouldn't work anymore. I don't know if trk100 is 2g or 3g? I e-mailed trackimo and we'll see what they say.

I'm also a little surprised that some of you don't want to you the trackimo for the mavic due to it's weight. Its pretty light I must say. Anyway, any added info would be appreciated.

You provided a link to Amazon's page in which the Q&A section answered whether you have 3G or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots