DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Across the Nullarbor Plain - 91mile straight road without a single bend

Driving that must be a nightmare !
It was actually an amazing experience. There is also a section of Nullarbol Plain several hundred of kilometers long called "treeless". There are no trees there just occassional shrub. An empty space as far as eye can see. Incredible landscape but I admit, probably not for the fait-hearted!!!

It was actually an amazing experience. There is also a section of Nullarbol Plain several hundred of kilometers long called "treeless". There are no trees there just occassional shrub. An empty space as far as eye can see. Incredible landscape but I admit, probably not for the fait-hearted!!!
But how do you avoid falling asleep or your attention wandering ?

But how do you avoid falling asleep or your attention wandering ?
Lot's of coffee and regular breaks for droning 😀 And also desire to visit places like these on the other side....

Attachments

• DJI_20240304162401_0060_D-DNG.jpg
    DJI_20240304162401_0060_D-DNG.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • DJI_20240306185634_0012_D-DNG.jpg
    DJI_20240306185634_0012_D-DNG.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • _M2R7965.jpg
    _M2R7965.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
LOL. Technology in modern cars these days makes driving a lot easier for sure.. But still, one needs to remain focus and alert during such long and monotonous drives. All part of overlanding fun
Yeah, their self-driving databases don’t yet have any real world experience at detecting kangaroos and ostriches crossing the road! LOL!

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: sarahb
I believe there is even an 18 hole golf course along the length of the Nullarbor Rd. The longest golf course in the world. Pick up a score card at either end in Ceduna or Kalgoorlie. Cost is $70 I think.

I believe there is even an 18 hole golf course along the length of the Nullarbor Rd. The longest golf course in the world. Pick up a score card at either end in Ceduna or Kalgoorlie. Cost is $70 I think.
I believe you are right. That would be definitelly one nice way not to fall asleep during the long drive🤣🤣

I've seen much shorter 2 lane straight line roads in the US that were some of the deadliest in the country. Monotony and misjudging distance when passing were top reasons. It's good yours has lots of attractions/distractions along the way.

We crossed the Nullarbor during our year-long ‘Big Lap’ of Australia towing a 3-tonne caravan. The ever present wind helped the mind concentrate!

More details of the Nullarbor crossing Here

Unfortunately it’s not easy to pull-off with a caravan in tow to the dirt tracks along the way that lead to the enormous sea cliffs, which make for spectacular drone shots. Having road signs in advance of the narrow turn-offs would make it far easier to spot them. Then, of course, there’s no telling if it’s possible to turn around at the end of the track with the caravan.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01