DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ACS-30 Anti Collision Lights - Anyone mount one to a Mavic?

Reactions: bluntman
I was under the impression that it could not be used with a MA. Perhaps that's the reason? I have an MPP and it's "supposed" to be mountable from underneath.

You should be able to easily mount it top-side -- which is where it will do the most good. :)

I have one of the dual strobe firehouse ones and I have it mounted in the front and the camera picks it up lots while recording or taking a picture. I think I will move it to a arm and try that . They are very bright and makes the craft easy to see at a distance . When I bought mine the clear sleeve that covers everything was split . I sent the seller a message on eBay where I bought it and they responded and sent out a replacement freight covered . Great customer service . I got about 2 hours or very close for run time . It charges very fast also . About 20 minutes and it’s ready

Youre lucky. I bought one based on what I read here and it never worked. No refunds so buyer beware.

I would love to see a side by side comparison between these ARC strobes and the Strobon Cree units, of which I have 2 on my Mavic.

I would love to see a side by side comparison between these ARC strobes and the Strobon Cree units, of which I have 2 on my Mavic.
It would be tough to *show* (video or photo) any real results, because the difference really starts to show at 2+ miles, so on camera all you would see is tiny tiny dots (if anything).

My experiments show the Arc 4-strobe and both types of Strobons can be seen 3+ miles. The 4 strobe Arc is brighter and the color is more distinct at that distance, whereas the single bulb Strobon is dimmer and color looks whitish (no matter what color the actual strobe is) --- but you can still see it.

As far as colors:
White will give you best distance, red is easier on the eyes for closer-ops. Green is bright too. Blue looks cool, but distance-wise it fades fast. Notes: Results may vary based on the user's vision

I bought a single white Strobon light, now I just need to figure out where to mount it. I don't fly that high, but I tend to lose sight of my MA and I am hopingt
OK that makes sense. Thanks
I have a white Strobon Cree on the belly and a red one on the back end.

Can I ask where specifically on the belly you mounted your white strobe? Is it on the battery or at the rear close to the sensors?

I made a wood wedge to level out the front belly mount area and stuck that to the belly with 3M VHB double sided tape. Then I use dual lock fasteners to attach the Strobon
20180608_071352.jpg 20180608_071414.jpg

Reactions: bluntman
A couple of quick things...

First, responding to the fellow who is planning to fly during a fireworks display, just be careful. I really had zero interest in drones then, but a guy I know had falling debris hit his and that was an end of life experience for that drone. From what I've learned, the average height of most community firework shows is 800 to 1200 ft, so getting safely above and remaining compliant presents some challenges. Proceed with care.
I'm "that fellow", so thanks for the info. My brother in law is on the crew for the fireworks display in question, so I know the general direction they're shooting. They have a major highway (Interstate) right next to where they are, so they deliberately aim away...and I'm on the other side of the road. That said, I will take heed of the warning and make sure to keep a substantial distance. I should still be able to get some good shots, I would hope.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi