DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track 2.0

Jayhay

Reactions
Hello all. FIRST POST!!

I'd love to know how to active track myself cycling like as in - step by step. I suppose the question I specifically have is: how do you put the controller in your rucksac and not have the cycling change / stop all the settings?

Any help appreciated!

Jay

Edit: I've done the right thing and searched - seems others have had my problem too. I guess there's not a huge amount can be done.

Last edited:
Hello all. FIRST POST!!

I'd love to know how to active track myself cycling like as in - step by step. I suppose the question I specifically have is: how do you put the controller in your rucksac and not have the cycling change / stop all the settings?

Any help appreciated!

Jay

Edit: I've done the right thing and searched - seems others have had my problem too. I guess there's not a huge amount can be done.
A lanyard, maybe?

Perhaps some sort of hard case just big enough for the controller to keep anything from pressing any of the controls? Also I've found using active track to wear clothes that contrast with the area you're cycling. If your clothing is close to the color of your surroundings the Mavic easily loses track of you.

Not to hi jack your thread but what about tracking a car. Is that doable with the controller on the passenger seat?

I built a custom holder and mounted it to the handle bars. And used a phone holder also, so the phone was not bouncing on the controller. Here is a video I made and the controller was there on the handle bars rock solid. I grab some pictures and post in a bit of the mount

Reactions: Tpanman
Ok so here’s what I did. I bought two of these phone mounts off eBay and on one used some scrap thin sheet metal and bent a bracket for the bottom of the controller and made a taller piece to clamp onto the top of the controller (where the cable connects to the phone.

I sprayed the metal with rubber paint and added a few pieces of sticky foam. The Velcro on the controller is just an extra layer to make sure it does not fall out.
c08686bdb74fcdf53158edb231e37cf8.jpg

981f30bb2e8aa8047e131599b3f1ae1e.jpg

78bd572e0d598cc613bc7c640e50b0ae.jpg

9541d9f85917d94630bf3559e1d4c163.jpg

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Niiiiiiiice. Thanks. I'm considering a hybrid of a long usb cable to the phone mounted on the handlebars and using the controller fully folded in a hard case in my rucksack. Will update

Just make sure to leave the stick off when you put it in your bag to keep them from snagging on anything and issuing an unwanted command.

I am going to order this unit. it is not very expansive

Attachments

• 51wySXh1iHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51wySXh1iHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 61Ii97L6tSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61Ii97L6tSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics