Active Track a kajak

Digitaldias

Reactions
Hi.
I was trying to track my friend in a kajak the other day, and did the usual:

- took off
- positioned the drone with my friend clearly in view
- activated active track, drew a square over my friend

The drone would track my friend paddling, but I could not for the life of me figure out why it wasn't following him, it tracked him as far as keeping him in the view, but the drone would just hover. I did adjust the speed to max, without any success.

This was over a body of water, with no other features present in the image other than my friend's bright white kajak (himself in a white shirt) over a fairly dark water.

Ideas of what I should've done?

EDIT:
In hindsight, I only got a RED square over him every time, and the drone would track that red square. I see from videos online that they have two green vertical lines with "OK" next to them. So a refined question would be - why was I only getting a red square?

Firmware is .900, and using DJI GO app on iPhone 6s

Could be. Did you track yourself though, or someone else? And what would suggested altitude/distance be?

You need it to turn green. Too high, too close, too far can all affect it. Keep experimenting.

Reactions: Digitaldias
What sub mode were you in? Spotlight will only keep camera on a subject without following, while Trace and Profile will follow.

the square needs to be green - red means it hadnt locked on yet. Probably too high or too close, or it couldn't recognize the shape.

Yup, that was it. Green square worked on my dog even, however, I Don't understand why it didn't go green in the lake. I'll try again the next time I'm out Kajaking :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf