DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track after new firmware update...

Reactions
I'm a part 107 license holder, I don't really have an issue with the NFZ stuff as I really have no interest in flying in areas I shouldn't be flying in. I know how to read a sectional chart and I stay clear of restricted areas. However, I live near Annapolis, MD which is close enough to Washington DC, about a dozen airports as well as the USNA which means every time I fly my drone it alerts me that I'm in a "warning zone" and I should be extra careful... No sweat, I agree.

So, I just took my Mavic Pro out for a video shoot for the first time in a few weeks, and of course got prompted to update my firmware and NFZ data first. Which I did. But, after I did so, my drone would only stay in active track mode for about 10 yards before it would kick out and hold in a very stubborn hover and tell me active track has been deactivated do to the drone flying into a warning zone. I should also point out that I was flying in a school parking lot that I had flown in many times before with great success. I then packed up and drove to another site I had a lot of experience with (a park this time) and the same thing happened.

Anyone else having issues with active track since the last firmware update?

I would simply manually fly into the zone and get the warnings and checkboxes cleared, then set up the Active Track afterwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett