DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active track another drone

dgd3

Reactions
Has anyone tried active track to follow another drone? I've got a P2V+ that I'm wondering if I go slow enough with it my Mavic air could follow?

Has anyone tried active track to follow another drone? I've got a P2V+ that I'm wondering if I go slow enough with it my Mavic air could follow?

We have already seen an example of a mid-air collision with a Mavic trying to track an Inspire. It appears that the algorithms assume that the tracked object is on the ground and did not understand the 3-D nature of the scene. I would recommend not trying it.

Reactions: MrRobville
We have already seen an example of a mid-air collision with a Mavic trying to track an Inspire. It appears that the algorithms assume that the tracked object is on the ground and did not understand the 3-D nature of the scene. I would recommend not trying it.

That makes sense because active track is expected to follow things on the ground.
Unfortunately the speed of dirt bike jumping is too fast for the Mavic to follow. I'm probably going to try it out with a second pilot and see how it goes. Perhaps the new Mavic 2, etc. would be able to do this a bit better.

That makes sense because active track is expected to follow things on the ground.
Unfortunately the speed of dirt bike jumping is too fast for the Mavic to follow. I'm probably going to try it out with a second pilot and see how it goes. Perhaps the new Mavic 2, etc. would be able to do this a bit better.

I think that kind of action is better tracked manually.

Reactions: mad monkey and dgd3
Yep, the video makes great viewing, just a shame about the end result! If I remember correctly it was many, many $100s of damage

Check this movie out in the PhantomPilots forum. Search for the article titled:

P2V+ followed by Mavic Air Active track

There may be a workaround.
Attach a cheap light wight smartphone to the drone you like to track. On this phone install Litchi Magic Leash..
On the phone controlling Mavic Air (the tracker), use Litchi normal and then tell it to track the other phone.

Not sure how it will handle the 3D
It may work :)

Reactions: dgd3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast