DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track Dis-connect question

hiflyer201

Reactions
I had a complete Dis-connect yesterday soon after takeoff while in Active Track. I had a black screen and could not manually control the Mavic Air but as I was located at the home point the drone climbed and then descended to land but didn't like the Takeoff point..the top of my cinder block wall..and just hovered until I finally disconnected and reconnected the Remote Control and was able to reconnect and gain control. Since the Mavic Air does not have a setting for Dynamic home point, I worried that if the drone dis-connected 15 minutes into a hike that the drone would return to the home point possible a mile or more away. I started looking at older flights in Active Track and I see that a new home point is logged quite often....There is nothing about this in the 1.2 user manual. Does anyone know more about this?
thank's

As you say ... the Air hasn't the Dynamic HP feature. Set the "disconnect" behavior to "hoover" when you use Active track.

And for speculation ... an explanation to all HP logs, perhaps the dynamic HP actually is there but DJI haven't given the AIR users the opportunity to use it. Think this depending on that Litchi gives the Air the Dynamic HP function, and Litchi is build on DJI's development kit. Equal with the functions Course lock and Home lock, don't have it in GO4 for AIR but Litchi have it.

Reactions: hiflyer201
As you say ... the Air hasn't the Dynamic HP feature. Set the "disconnect" behavior to "hoover" when you use Active track.

And for speculation ... an explanation to all HP logs, perhaps the dynamic HP actually is there but DJI haven't given the AIR users the opportunity to use it. Think this depending on that Litchi gives the Air the Dynamic HP function, and Litchi is build on DJI's development kit. Equal with the functions Course lock and Home lock, don't have it in GO4 for AIR but Litchi have it.

Thanks for the response Slup! good advice on using hover with active track..

The Litchi application does have the Dynamic HP feature. I find I use it more than the DJI app.

This is a good tip, thanks! I have never used Litchi outside of waypoint missions.
...and Course lock & Home lock.

Course lock is way better for flyby pans as long as MA Tapfly have that twitchy yaw movement which doesn't follow the set stick sensitivity settings in GO4. And also a big plus over Tapfly is that you can just right stick forward/backwards on exact the same course & redo a shoot as many times as you want.

Last edited:
...and Course lock & Home lock.

Course lock is way better for flyby pans as long as MA Tapfly have that twitchy yaw movement which doesn't follow the set stick sensitivity settings in GO4. And also a big plus over Tapfly is that you can just right stick forward/backwards on exact the same course & redo a shoot as many times as you want.
Thanks again, will look in to that. Looks like I am in need of some Litchi learning; like I said in my mind Litchi=Waypoints; I have used GO4 for everything else. This is in part because I don't like Litchi's user interface but also because Litchi doesn't come with a good documentation that explains all its features. The one page half FAQ - half help section on their website isn't really much to go by. Why they don't prepare a user mannual like the one DJI has for GO4 is beyond me.

Would recommend going back to the Litchi web "Help" pages again if you haven't been there for a while --> Help - Litchi

It's quite extensive now I think ... info given there together with some tryouts with your own drone makes most of it clear ... don't miss that the web page have several tabs with info.

2019-12-25_12-45-10.jpg

The only backside with Litchi is that you always need GO4 for sensitivity settings ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trekfrk